Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lift?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift?

​​Hey all!

Just picked a new to me 2013 JKU sport and as per normal starting the process of upgrades.

I checked out the springs and they have numbers:
Front 15446 1705 1853050
Rear 15446 1705 1854050

Did a little searching and a few links seem to suggest these may be part of the teraflex 2.5 performance lift BUT meant for the 2dr model.

Can anyone shed some light? The dealer didn't have any info on lifts and contacting the original owner is out of the question.
Thanks!

Last edited by Jester.JKU; 01-15-2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Add photos
Old 01-16-2018, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Search for "stock jk curb height" and look at Google images. I've included the link below but the pictures aren't showing up because of photobucket. Measure yours and compare it to the measurements, you'll be able to see where you stand.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...ements-297499/
Old 01-17-2018, 06:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Hardest thing about buying something that is not in stock form is trying to figure out what the hell the previous owner(s) have done to it. I wouldn't get too caught up in if those springs were meant for a 2dr or 4dr. As Karl suggest, just measure your actual netted lift based off the factory heights. Do you have any other components that look like they've been replaced on the jeep, or does it look like someone just slid some different springs up under it for a small boost? Are you thinking about changing them out, or just trying to build around what you have?
Old 01-18-2018, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Hardest thing about buying something that is not in stock form is trying to figure out what the hell the previous owner(s) have done to it. I wouldn't get too caught up in if those springs were meant for a 2dr or 4dr. As Karl suggest, just measure your actual netted lift based off the factory heights.
Exactly! I've been trying to do that since I bought mine 3 months ago. I was told by the dealer that it was a 2.5" lift because it had 33s on it. When I was able to actually measure it, it was only 1". I finally decided to remove everything (suspension-wise) that the previous owner did and I'm currently waiting on a 2.5" MetalCloak lift.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the pic posted in my thread to measure the stock front height.

Quick Reply: Lift?