Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lift marks on my axles

Old 01-08-2012, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift marks on my axles

So when I bought my jeep it had 9 miles on it. I'm just wondering why in the world the dealer put it on the lift straight from the factory? Inspection maybe?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

My guess would be that they actually prepped the vehicle like they are supposed to.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:11 AM
kik
JK Freak

Originally Posted by imacb278
So when I bought my jeep it had 9 miles on it. I'm just wondering why in the world the dealer put it on the lift straight from the factory? Inspection maybe?
Pre delivery inspection. That's a good thing.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

i used to work at a JEEP dealership when i was younger and we put every new car on the lift for pre-delivery inspection...i had them lift mine up so i could take a look at the undercarriage and the skidplates since mine had 40 miles on it i wanted to make sure it was not "seriously" test driven before i bought it!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to here. Thanks to all. You would think they'd have a roll on ramp. But I guess most customers aren't crawling around on the ground looking under the thing with a microscope. I was just concerned because it is slightly out of alignment.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:02 PM
kik
JK Freak

Originally Posted by imacb278
That's good to here. Thanks to all. You would think they'd have a roll on ramp. But I guess most customers aren't crawling around on the ground looking under the thing with a microscope. I was just concerned because it is slightly out of alignment.
What is out of alignment and how do you know. If the steering wheel isn't perfectly at 12 and 6 the dealer can adjust that. That's not necessarily an alignment problem if that's what you mean by out of alignment.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kik
What is out of alignment and how do you know. If the steering wheel isn't perfectly at 12 and 6 the dealer can adjust that. That's not necessarily an alignment problem if that's what you mean by out of alignment.
Smart enough to realize that. It was really windy the day I bought it so I didn't realize it till the next day. It's pulling to the right pretty good, I looked under it to make sure nothing was bent in shipping and thats when I noticed the lift marks on the axles. The tire pressure is fine too. So process of elimination...it seems out of alignment.

Quick Reply: Lift marks on my axles