Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Line-x or Duplicolor.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-x or Duplicolor.

What one do you think is stronger, Cost more. I'm thinking Line-x, I'm coating a front bumper .
Old 04-18-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LinexX is definatly stronger than the duplicolor but is far more expensive. On something like a bumper... that's a tough call. Do you want to be constantly touching it up? Or do you want to spend a fortune. I'd LineX it myself if I were into that look. Spend the money once, rather than over and over again.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed. for the bumper id linex.

for little things, id duplicolor.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or you can go the cheap way and have pleanty of touch-up leftover , i used hurclion bed liner, i thing it was $30 i did my front bumper and fender flares see if i can get a picture for you
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	user4223_pic1639_1220887152.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	22540   Click image for larger version

Name:	user4223_pic1643_1220887249.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	22541  
Old 04-18-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

i did my front bumper and fender flares
Any close-ups of those flares, by chance? That's one of the things I've been considering.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Linex is the way to go if you want it to last, I have had it in several truck beds and you can't hurt it. My jeep goes in Thursday to have the tub done in a colormatch linex
Old 04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Herculiner gives a better texture, however it's roll-on. Dupli-color is great for touching out. Herculiner is stronger, but dupli-color can be fixed easier. Dupli-color dries faster, so it's somewhat harder to apply.

So it really depends on what it's on. For the inside floor of my jeep I went herculiner. If it scratches I go with dupli-color to fix it. For the inside door panels, and anything that won't take a lot of abuse I go with dupli-color, because it's just that easy to apply.... Shake a can and you're good.

When you buy, don't buy the biggest can of herculiner, it's a little more expensive to buy 4pints, but they are easier to work with than the gallon can. Don't buy the qt can of duplicolor, as it's a pain in the ass compared to spray cans.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 AM
JK Freak

Thanx for the input. I was also thinking to powder coat it but I thought the Line-x would be better. I thought the powder coat would eventually get chiped and show rust. I know the line-x is strong stuff. I have also had it in the beds of a few pick ups. I also have side step that afe powder coated and they are showing signs of ware allready. So I could allways Line-x those to match.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

I've always wondered how good that store bought liner is. Does any one have any pictures of their rock sliders with line-x or something similar? I am worried about the powder coat wearing out, especially in the high traffic step areas.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

i duplicolored my front bumper. Everytime i hit a ledge or rock with it i can just bust out a can and spray and matches perfectly. Line-x, i would think, would chip off in a good chunk once you run it up on rocks as its pretty thick ( i had it in my truck bed) its tough but not sure how tough compared to rock pressure. IMHO, i would buy everything raw and duplicolor it from now on. KNwing its going to hit rocks, i love being able to touch it up compared to powder coating or heavy bediner.

Quick Reply: Line-x or Duplicolor.