Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Locker Light Blinking Issue

Old 03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locker Light Blinking Issue

Seem to be having some locker issues. Not sure what's going on.

Thursday –
Put Jeep into 4 Low
Turned both front and rear lockers on.
Front stayed Lit back would only blink
I could hear a whistle from the rear like there was a rubbing
Turned both off
Took out of 4 low
Rears seemed stuck. Eventually through turning slowly and sharply it became free.

Sunday-
Put Jeep in 4 low
Turned lockers on and was able to get both solid lights though I don’t completely think the rears were locked. I could faintly hear that whistle again.
Turned both off but now the rear locker light stays blinking.
Took out of 4 low
The Rear locker does not seem to be locked as turning is normal however the light has not stopped blinking.
Even after the Jeep has been off for hours, it blinks when the Jeep is started back up.

Sunday Evening-
I tried putting it back into 4 low and engaged the lockers.
I can get the lights solid.
Ive tried a series of forward and reverse with them locked then tried to turn them off but no matter what I do now, the rear light blinks.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the latest is, I brought into the dealership since they are the ones who replaced my "not needing to be replaced" locker.
It took them two days to get a sensor, take apart the rear and replace the sensor. Good news is both my lockers lock right up when engaged and disengage properly.
I think they engage so quickly now because Ive been using them.
Lesson learned -
Use your lockers before you hit the trail to be sure they are working properly and most importantly, engage them regardless at least a couple times a month to keep them moving freely.

Quick Reply: Locker Light Blinking Issue