Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Loose and missing caliper bolts?

Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose and missing caliper bolts?

took my jk to the tire shop to have the tires rotated, state inspection done, and new rear shocks installed. the mechanic tells me that one caliper bolt on passenger front was gone, and the other was loose and the caliper was kicked out. I just had the tires off about a week ago, and everything looked fine? is this a Jeep thing? a JK thing? or just a rock crawling thing? seems kinda strange...
Old 08-22-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all

Just random occurrence, thats all..............last time they were torqued, probably not tight enough...........

That is extremely dangerous, if you have it go on the highway. Get a new set of bolts, clean out the screw holes, add proper locktite for application and tighten to specs. keep an eye on them..........................................

Last edited by silverwrangler; 08-22-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by silverwrangler
Hi all

Just random occurrence, thats all..............last time they were torqued, probably not tight enough...........

That is extremely dangerous, if you have it go on the highway. Get a new set of bolts, clean out the screw holes, add proper locktite for application and tighten to specs. keep an eye on them..........................................
X2 Great advice....just did a break inspection a few weeks ago...only thing I'd add is a little caliper lube on the pins, sliders and abck side of the pads...every little bit helps
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

It happened to me, the parts guy at stealership stated it has happened few times that he knows and also on the Chrysler 300. I keep and extra one in my tool bag.
AMen

Quick Reply: Loose and missing caliper bolts?