Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Lower Control Arm Question

Old 07-10-2016, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower Control Arm Question

Had a rattle a few weeks ago that ended up being a loose, drivers side lower control arm. I decided to tighten before buying new parts. I've now tightened it three times. My question is can I just replace the front lower control arms or is it better to do all at once? Would it be better to just replace the bad bushing? I haven't totally removed the control arm but the bolt hole may be a bit wallowed. If it helps I have a 4" lift and stock control arms.

KCCO
Old 07-10-2016, 09:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

My guess is they used a cam bolt adjuster to correct caster,you can get some tabs from teraflex to fix that and yes you can get just front
lca's to start with you will want adjustable ones to fix caster.

Last edited by jadmt; 07-10-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rtittsworth
Had a rattle a few weeks ago that ended up being a loose, drivers side lower control arm. I decided to tighten before buying new parts. I've now tightened it three times. My question is can I just replace the front lower control arms or is it better to do all at once? Would it be better to just replace the bad bushing? I haven't totally removed the control arm but the bolt hole may be a bit wallowed. If it helps I have a 4" lift and stock control arms. KCCO
For 4" do yourself a favor and buy some type of caster correction.

Being as the bushing is gone, it's up to you and your budget. I love my adj control arms once they are right it's very nice. You can just run the front lowers a bit longer, keeping stock uppers is very common. Brackets are also getting a lot of popular and positive feedback. Much more affordable and still effective. Only real negative is clearance, but if that's not an issue. . .

Mentioning cam bolts, they can be removed. Couple companies make huge ass washers to seat in their place.

Quick Reply: Lower Control Arm Question