Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Manual shift lever malfunction on 2015 JKU

Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Manual shift lever malfunction on 2015 JKU

So this weekend I go out to the driveway to head to the store; Start up the JKU and go to drop it in Reverse. [6speed manual Sahara]. The shifter is shifted way over to the left and down towards the rear of the console. Reverse is back in the middle in stead of to the right. WTF, I am thinking. Been out of town for a week driving a rental but geez I do not remember this. Anyhow, I find it very difficult to find the proper gears then realize the shifter is fouling the console as well. I stop at a stop light and rotate the shifter up and over to the right. it is now in the correct position but making weird clicking sounds. Drive it for the next half hour and the shift points are all over the place. Get home and search the web and see that there are a number of reports of this on 2016 JKUs but couldn't find anything on this forum. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning; they had to order a part and expect to have it repaired by this afternoon under warranty [vehicle has 9k miles]...Glad the Wife wasn't driving it...could have been bad.

Anyone else experience this

Quick Reply: Manual shift lever malfunction on 2015 JKU