Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Miles per Gallon :(

Old 07-20-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEABEE
I have a 07 4dr x with auto .When i bought it I was avg 21-23 in the city .Then I went on a trip to Pa.the whole way up I avg.23-24 .And on the return trip I got the same till I stoped for the last tank of gas . Then out of the blue it started going down and down ,Now i only get 16-17 . Whats up with that . I took it to the dealer ,they ran a check and said all is well . I say bs .You just dont get a big drop like that if theres nothing wrong ! And I know some out there will say you just changed the way you were driving .No I didnt .But now I drive like a little old lady and it still does no better .
I was told to expect MPG to improve after the break-in period. It didn't. My mileage was near identical to yours when new and settled in around 18 for suburban and 22 for the highway. I think maybe those that start out way high drop, while those that start way low improve after break-in.

Recent mods to my Jeep have knocked 2-3 MPG off the highway numbers. There may also be some tie-in to the engine light being on for a few days when it was ridiculously hot, then going out before I could get it to the dealer for a code scan. (Yes, the gas cap was tight and the O2 sensor wire wasn't dangling.)

Quick Reply: Miles per Gallon :(