Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mopar soft top or Trek nx top?

Old 08-12-2013, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by filthy-Beast
Please do. weather has gotten nice enough for the top down!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

I have the nx. The first time putting it on is a royal pita. After the first time I can strip or put together the top in less than 5 mins. You will have to readjust the tension wires on it after a bit. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. With the Texas sun being hot, I rarely toe the whole top off
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the love for the nx depends on where you live. Here in the east where the sun is hot and the humidity even hotter...the nx is the tits. Unless you like cooking to death in traffic or getting soaked when it is raining. If your weather changes every 5 minutes, you appreciate the safari mode.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO - get the Trektop. It's a huge improvement over the stock top. No leaks, no frame, sunrider top, tinted windows, the sides and back come off easier than the stock and then you have an instant safari top (bonus!) and oh yeah - it's QUIET!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SKTN Rubi
What's winter like for you? How long really? My jeep also came with just the hard top. When I bought I assumed the factory top would be my only choice. I just ordered an ORH top. I love the look, storage hindering or not and for the amount of time I actually run the thing (4 months) the versatility it offered sold me. One week of no hardtop last summer and I knew I had to have a top such as ORH. My friend has dual tops. Last 2 summers he hasn't even put his factory soft top on due to the how annoying he finds it. A wet dog and a hot summer day? I no longer need a bikini top. Just think about the needs the soft top satisfies for you.
SKTN Rubi,

Have you installed the ORH top yet or are you like me? I ordered an ORH top in Oct, got it 3 weeks later and will wait until Spring to install it since the Boston winters are not ideal for installing and running with a soft top. The box it was shipped in sits unopened in my basement.

If you have already mounted it, besides laying the top out in the warm sunshine to let the fabric stretch and make the initial installation easier, can you offer any other tips or point me to any links that may give some tips on the initial install?

Quick Reply: Mopar soft top or Trek nx top?