Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mopar Transmission Cooler Kit

Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mopar Transmission Cooler Kit

I was looking on the mopar accessories page and under the cargo and towing section they list a transmission oil cooler.
It is part number 82212486.
I think it may be different than what was used in the international TSB for auto trans JKs because this looks like a full kit with all hardware in it.

Has anyone installed this?
Would this work with manual trans JKs?
Is it mostly a bolt in application without drilling required(other than trimming the plastic piece with the template)?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I was looking on the mopar accessories page and under the cargo and towing section they list a transmission oil cooler.
It is part number 82212486.
I think it may be different than what was used in the international TSB for auto trans JKs because this looks like a full kit with all hardware in it.

Has anyone installed this?
Would this work with manual trans JKs?
Is it mostly a bolt in application without drilling required(other than trimming the plastic piece with the template)?
No need for it with the manual transmission. (no oil pump; no plumbing, manual fluid doesn't overheat.)

That looks like a very nice kit, though. Comes with custom plumbing, so there is no cutting of the lines.

Suggested retail is $289; quite a bit more than an aftermarket cooler. But if someone wanted a cooler designed for the application, this is a good kit.

I called a couple dealers. One wouldn't work with the price at all, the other (one I always deal with) offered it for 15% off.
Dealer estimate for installation was about $125 to $150.

The good thing is, it gets registered as an authorized part/installation, and there is no question that it does not jeopardize the lifetime powertrain warranty, for those who have that.

p.s.
Thanks for posting the part number for the kit.

Last edited by ronjenx; 10-21-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

I just put a B&M super cooler on mine. Cost about $70 with shipping and a few extra hose clamps/hose fittings. I would think the B&M would be at least as efficient as a MOPAR (unless the MOPAR is a fluid/fluid cooler)
Old 10-21-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by mpco239
I just put a B&M super cooler on mine. Cost about $70 with shipping and a few extra hose clamps/hose fittings. I would think the B&M would be at least as efficient as a MOPAR (unless the MOPAR is a fluid/fluid cooler)
It's the same result. Air removes heat from transmission fluid.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx

No need for it with the manual transmission. (no oil pump; no plumbing, manual fluid doesn't overheat.)

That looks like a very nice kit, though. Comes with custom plumbing, so there is no cutting of the lines.
Thanks, I won't bother for my manual trans. My wife has an auto 2011 jk now so I may add it to hers. I'd rather pay a little more for a mopar part for less risk of warranty issues and hopefully a cleaner install that seems more like a stock part
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone installed one of these yet? Is it something better left to be installed by the dealer so the warranty does not get effected?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Subscribed
Old 10-25-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called the local dealer for availability of this part, still waiting to hear back from the parts guy. I will find out what the dealership will charge to install this unit and if this part will keep my transmission warranty intact.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4X4JK
Anyone installed one of these yet? Is it something better left to be installed by the dealer so the warranty does not get effected?
You might want to check this thread. We have been developing this transmission cooler for the Jeep JK's, and have had very good feed back from our customers.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...mission+cooler

Thanks for your intrest,

John
The new ORWJK
Old 10-26-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ORWJK
You might want to check this thread. We have been developing this transmission cooler for the Jeep JK's, and have had very good feed back from our customers.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...mission+cooler

Thanks for your intrest,

John
The new ORWJK

Sounds interesting. Do you have any pictures of the parts before installation, and pictures installed?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Mopar Transmission Cooler Kit