Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Mother !#% son of !#@%! piece of !#% oil change light!!

Old 07-26-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mother !#% son of !#@%! piece of !#% oil change light!!

Just finished up my second oil change on my 09 Rubi... the first one was a comp from the dealer. Last night, drained the oil, replaced the filter, 6 quarts down the hole, checked level, all's good. Hopped in, started up, "Ding! Change Oil". Pulled out the manual, manual says "Turn key 'on' (do not start), slowly depress the accelerator fully 3 times within 10 seconds. Turn key to off." This is supposed to reset the oil change light.

After trying it correctly (well, obviously NOT correctly) SEVERAL times, I then tried depressing the pedal slowly, quickly, 3 times, 10 times, even got a !#% stop watch out to time it for 10 seconds... still "Ding"

Is there a trick to it? Is mine broken? or am I just too stupid to accomplish this menial task (please no one answer that)?

FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN NOT GET IT TO RESET! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME AT WHAT ANGLE IM SUPPOSED TO HOLD MY MOUTH AND WHICH EYE IM SUPPOSED TO SQUINT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Junkie

Had the same problem like you when trying to do it slowly.....Depressing the pedal quickly 3 times helped me...See if that route works....This has been my 3rd oil change and have always used the method I described...Good luck...

Last edited by aldaman; 07-26-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The way the deestruckshuns read, it's 3 times WITHIN 10 seconds, not 3 times IN 10 seconds. Big difference. Just do it three times in around 3 seconds.

....and damn, find somethin worth it to get mad at next time.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

I caught the 'within' part, even typed it out in the first message...

after 30 minutes of messing with this thing, and trying every possible combination I could come up with, i was getting hot, and yes, i even got out the stopwatch to a)make sure i was doing it in less than 10 seconds, didn't work so b) I started trying to do it IN 10 seconds... still didn't work. i'm about to attempt it again. if i can't get it tonight I'll give any of you local yahoos $20 to show me how to do it (assuming any of you are within 50 miles of brandon, ms, i'll drive to you with a crisp Jefferson greenback)
Old 07-26-2009, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

HA! got it on the first shot... oh well
Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine was on the other day ... and I disconnected the battery to install my E-DISCO. The warning was gone when I hooked the battery back up. I guess disconnecting the battery resets it as well ... ??
Old 07-26-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

If it gets really annoying, you can disconnect the battery, then reconnect it and there you go. All you'll have to do then is reset the clock in the Jeep.

Trending Topics

Old 07-26-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

up, down, up, down, left, right, a, b, start.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought it was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start, for unlimited lives in Contra.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Waiting
I thought it was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start, for unlimited lives in Contra.
I believe there is one piece missing here:

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, SELECT, start

Quick Reply: Mother !#% son of !#@%! piece of !#% oil change light!!