Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Is my carpet worth any money?

Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my carpet worth any money?

Last summer I had the tub of my Jeep line-x sprayed. I kept my carpet in case I thought I would use it again. Well, it has been a year and it is still in a huge bag in my basement. It is in like new condition, but is it worth any money?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Almost gauranteed NOT on this forum... most people who get rid of it do it for a reason.

I would think that YES it is worth something but the problem is going to be finding that customer (insurance claim or something). try placing some online ads with it. Maybe find an online parts site that would give you current pricing and then go from there.

I have wondered the same about the carpet and bumpers but who here wants OEM stuff like that?

Best of luck!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey you never know. Someone might have bedlined, ditched their carpet and regret it. Put it up for sale here and see what happens. No loss if nobody takes it.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChopN
Hey you never know. Someone might have bedlined, ditched their carpet and regret it. Put it up for sale here and see what happens. No loss if nobody takes it.
Good point!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

I guess all I need to do now is get my 50 posts so I can list it. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would think someone would want it. Theres a price for everything.

I have been without carpet for about 10 months now and there's times I think it would be nice to have back in. However, the pro's of having the tub bedlined are far beyond the heat from the floor or noise no longer dampened.

I say post it up for $50 and go from there. Gotta be perfect though. If its shrunk, stained or ripped I'd be glad to give it away or toss it in the dump.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would buy it if mine ever wore out. Mine gets some abuse but still looks good.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are in a fairly populous area. I would throw it on Craig's List. I am always amazed at how fast I can get rid of my "junk" on that site.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WCDAVE
You are in a fairly populous area. I would throw it on Craig's List. I am always amazed at how fast I can get rid of my "junk" on that site.
X2..... There seems to be a market for EVERYTHING... Someone may just need to piece the carpet together do to their carpet getting F'd up. I'm sure someone can use a section or 2....

Quick Reply: Is my carpet worth any money?