Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

My Jeep DIED (UnlimitedJK) HELP!

Old 03-19-2015, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Jeep DIED (UnlimitedJK) HELP!

Cruising down the interstate, going 80MPH, cruise is on, and all the sudden, check engine light comes on, cruise shuts off and I have NO power but my electrical system is still working, battery is fine, and just filled up yesterday. Slowed down to get off the interstate and breaks and steering are just as if I had shut the engine off and put her in neutral. Has anyone else had this issue? I bought it 3 weeks ago and have contacted the dealership, unfortunately they are in a different state but are kind enough to pay for diagnosis. I'm still covered under the factory power-train warranty. Brought it to the Jeep dealership so they can take a look but it's apparently going to be a while before they can so I am asking y'all if you have any possible idea as to what it could be. Freaking out, just a tad. Check engine light is on. Would act like it was going to start but just keeps turning over.
Also, I was driving a few days ago and the check engine light came on while I was going 80+MPH towards very high winds, went away as soon as I slowed down or was going with the wind, so I didn't think much of it, until today of course. WHAT THE HECK IS GOIN' ON?!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara stock everything until (planned on) tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check ignition fuses then fuel fuses that would be my first thing I have had an ignition fuse blow on my Silverado same results I thought it was a fuel pump
Good luck I hope they get you running quick
Old 03-19-2015, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep
Check ignition fuses then fuel fuses that would be my first thing I have had an ignition fuse blow on my Silverado same results I thought it was a fuel pump
Good luck I hope they get you running quick

I really appreciate it man, thank you. I have zero patience and they're 2 hours behind as it is. I just hope it's not something to expensive.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Any updates?
Old 03-19-2015, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

So appareClick image for larger version

Name:	20150319_160129.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	602103ntly it was a cracked ignition coil, that resulted in the main fuse blowing. $22 coil and 10¢ fuse but they wanted $300+ for the fix. Luckily the dealership I purchased from took care of it. Hope my mini panic attack helps someone else

Do Jeep Things

Last edited by jeepkrystal; 03-19-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

CASPER!!!!! I lived there in the late 70'S in Paradise Valley. Best place I have ever lived. Wish I could move back.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scratchkenny
CASPER!!!!! I lived there in the late 70'S in Paradise Valley. Best place I have ever lived. Wish I could move back.
It's not bad, it's gotten bigger which is frustrating but hey!

Last edited by jeepkrystal; 03-19-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:39 PM
JK Junkie

When I read the first post, I thought for a second you did what my buddy did. He decided diesel fuel would be a nice fill up. Naturally, it was a mistake. But his rig did the same exact thing about 3 miles after fill up. Dealer charged him $600 to flush the tank, fuel line and engine. He was really lucky.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's really lucky! It definitely sounded scary. Unfortunately as indicated it's not always the same thing from one vehicle to the next. In the end despite the benefit of forums there's still a need for diagnostics (unless it's something like a flat tire or chipped windshield at which time a forum will provide you with ample sympathy).
Old 03-20-2015, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah that's for sure! I'm always afraid of putting diesel in, not because I think I would, but just not paying attention and going all robot mode. I'm glad that's all it was, after lift, tires, wheels, light bar, slush mats, etc. I don't think my wallet can handle much more lol. They said I could have just left it cracked but I would be replacing fuses like crazy, not that they're expensive, it's just inconvenient to be dying all the time.

Quick Reply: My Jeep DIED (UnlimitedJK) HELP!