Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Navi in a sport? or black fenders on a Sahara?

Old 03-23-2015, 04:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navi in a sport? or black fenders on a Sahara?

the Lease on my 2013 comes to an end in the next few months.. so of course im in the Mix for a new JK.. I need to get it ordered soon before they cut off the 15s

I really want Factory Navigation but the dealer tells me I must get a Sahara or rubicon to get it..
so I said OK ill get sahara but I dont like the colored fenders I want the plastic black ones like my sport has

he tells me I must get a Rubicon to get black plastic fenders and also have Navigation..
I dont want a Rubicon, I dont even wheel! its useless for me to have a rubicon..

a guy at the Auto show this weekend told me there is a "flare delete" option on the sahara that deletes the body colored fenders..
the dealer cant find such a thing in their order out system..

does anyone in the know have an idea of why i cant order Navi on a sport and is there such a thing as flare delete on sahara?

I lease the jeep so modding it is not really an option.

-Christopher
Old 03-23-2015, 04:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a sport and get an aftermarket navigation for 800$ that is 5x better!!

Or you can buy the factory nav from someone/ I just sold it out of my sport! I had bought it from someone else's.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my only issue with aftermarket is I often park my jeep in downtowns of cities and thats a good easy target for theft... no one steals factory gear... just spare tires.. GRR! but thats what gorilla nuts and my tuffy underseat storage box are good for.. (keep the key tool in there)..

I know that aftermarket Navs are better.. i have an Android based device in my smart car and it rocks.. have my choice of any Nav app available to the android OS. plus my home automation app, a dashcam, a rearview cam, Internet hotspot, and any Music App available on android. it even allows me to Airplay my iphone to it .. as well as of course all the voice and phone stuff.. but that device was made by a manufacturer to look IDENTICAL to a factory navi so you literally cant tell its not factory.. which I like.. they dont make one for the Jeep Wrangler or this would be a non-issue..

the dealer said they could install a factory Nav in a sport.. but want to charge me PARTS COUNTER pricing as opposed to anything even close to Build option pricing... argh!! stealerships...

-Christopher
Old 03-23-2015, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Why not get the Sahara and pick up some black fenders? Take offs pop up pretty often or you could source them new...Quadratec for example. Cost would be mostly or completely offset by the sale of the painted flares I would think..someone will want/need them.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just saw Rugged Ridge advertising a full set of plastic factory replacement flares of the same style for $125 (front and rear).
Old 03-23-2015, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed with everyone regarding getting a Sahara. You can even pick up used flares for $40 for the whole set.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Columbus is only a few hours from me. If you get a black Sahara I will come down and swap you my standard fenders for your body colored!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Like the other poster was saying why in the world don't you buy a used factory my gig system for under $500 and install it yourself in less than 10 minutes and you're ready to go
Old 03-23-2015, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they're B.S.'ing you. My 2014 2 door Sport has the Navigation system in it. I didn't even want it, but that was the only Anvil colored manual one they had.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just tried to build one on-line and it appears the info they are telling you is correct.

Quick Reply: Navi in a sport? or black fenders on a Sahara?