Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Navi in a sport? or black fenders on a Sahara?

Old 03-23-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
the Lease on my 2013 comes to an end in the next few months.. so of course im in the Mix for a new JK.. I need to get it ordered soon before they cut off the 15s

I really want Factory Navigation but the dealer tells me I must get a Sahara or rubicon to get it..
so I said OK ill get sahara but I dont like the colored fenders I want the plastic black ones like my sport has

he tells me I must get a Rubicon to get black plastic fenders and also have Navigation..
I dont want a Rubicon, I dont even wheel! its useless for me to have a rubicon..

a guy at the Auto show this weekend told me there is a "flare delete" option on the sahara that deletes the body colored fenders..
the dealer cant find such a thing in their order out system..

does anyone in the know have an idea of why i cant order Navi on a sport and is there such a thing as flare delete on sahara?

I lease the jeep so modding it is not really an option.

-Christopher
If the new one is going to be a lease, then get the Sahara with the NAV unit you want. Then purchase a used set of fenders cheap from the for sale section (may be even free) or as mentioned Rugged Ridge sells OEM looking fenders for about $80 a piece before rebate. Just take off the painted fenders and store them until you are ready to return the vehicle. Changing out the fenders won't be much of an issue as they should mount the same way.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Buy the sport, and then buy the nav system from oemautoparts on ebay. that's where I got my radio from. works great and looked brand new.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depending on what you're getting (2 or 4 door) Sahara.. which comes with the color matching fenders, I'd be willing to swap our plastics for your painted.. then you can chop job them into flats till your hearts content.. Only option for the navi, is prob what we're going to do.. Tablet with a GPS system and a homemade table mount for the dash.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i am going to Lease the new one.. I know most here are against leasing.. however my wheeling days are done.. no time to do it and rebuild after busting stuff.. I buy jeeps for the top off doors off in summer and its 4x4 in the seemngly worsening ohio winters..
and I prefer to drive brand new cars and jeeps..

with a lease its not as easy to do Mods though like you guys say the flairs are pretty easy to R and R.

Ive done the tablet on the dash thing.. just a pain at every rest stop to have to lock it in the tuffy drawer, get it back out, hook it up and go.. if i buy an Ebay Nav unit im ausotmatically going to have to fork the $250 for map updates as they are always a couple years old it seems...

I did talk t othe chinese company that made the Navi for my smart, and they make one that is designed for chrysler / Jeep, they are checking to see if they have one that runs on the same CAN as a '15 wrangler.. I guess they have to make sure the CAN is the same as the alpine speakers (which im going to get) run off the CAN instead of audio outputs from the radio..

if i can get the android unit that looks factory chrysler then thats the way I'll go as its really a nice system...
they have a newer version than the one in my Smart..

their big concern was that its not waterproof.. which is fine with me as i dont let my jeeps get rained in...

-Christopher
Old 03-24-2015, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah factory one isn't waterproof either I don't believe. It's wide open.

Factory one also super easy to remove/steal which is why I sold mine before someone else decided to take it and sell it for me.

In the city I live, a soft top won't stop em. There's also a pioneer one that looks 98% identical to factory one
Old 03-24-2015, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I really Love the function of the pioneer AVIC units.. oh I know a soft stop doesnt stop anyone, thats why ive always had the Tuffy Safe and / or tuffy underseat drawer.. never had anyone take anything out of a jeep that was in one of those enclosures... I suppose if i get a removable face unit I can stuff the face in the tuffy and figure 99% of the theives will leave it alone and for the 1% is insurance company!
-Chris

Quick Reply: Navi in a sport? or black fenders on a Sahara?