Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Need help with abs,tc and stc!

Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with abs,tc and stc!

Need some help since my jeep tried to kill me today. This is the third time I've had the abs, traction control and stability control lights come on while my jeep freaks out. First time was right after lifting because I neglected to adjust the steering wheel. Second was a few months later re adjusted the drag link and it shut off even though the steering wheel was already straight. This time same thing straight steering wheel and all the lights are on. Could my drag link be going bad or is there something else?
2010 JKU spirited driving and 51k miles.
I think my drag link is coming slightly loose and may need replacement could it be anything else?
I removed the j6 abs fuse so I don't have another situation where the jeep won't stop.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

First and foremost, I'd like more info on that situation where your Jeep would not stop.

Second, I suppose badly worn ends on your drag link could cause the steering wheel to have so much slop the Jeep is confused about where you're turning, thus activating the ESP systems.

Third, now on my phone, but I just made a long post on a similar subject in the electrical systems subforum. Thread title is something about ESP/ESC/TCS. Recommend you go read that post so I don't have to repost.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

x2^^^^^
Old 03-19-2015, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

I'll look for it. The abs just auto triggered and wouldn't let the brakes be applied long enough to slow the vehicle. Almost like how the abs freaks out on ice. It started last night then the three lights came on. Since then I have removed the abs fuse and it's been drivable tried to adjust the drag link but it was too tight. This is the second time I've had this issue arise. Third of you include immediately after the lift.

Quick Reply: Need help with abs,tc and stc!