Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need New Soft Top. Any Suggestions?

Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Need New Soft Top. Any Suggestions?

I just bought my first Jeep, a 2009 Wrangler X. The soft top is getting kind of ratty. Any suggestions as to what brand fits well and is a good deal. I have no problem with price really, but I'm more afraid I'll buy something I don't like. Thanks!

Clay
Old 08-02-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw Quadratec had replacement 2009 decks for sale for under 200$, looked like a good deal. It was listed under their close outs and bargain section.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Bestop Supertop works like the OEM top or go with the Trektop NX if you like the fastback look.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Buy original equipment, its best fit

Also look on craigslist in your area, many jeep owners sell their tops on craigslist. Try to stick with model year 2009 if you want to use your existing hardware or at least get the complete hardware set if you buy another year. The 2009 was improved over the 07 and 08 years, then it was improved again in 2010 and some hardware was different.
If you are not successful in your local craigslist, look in Colorado, Arizona, Utah and Florida they are big Jeep states and I know someone will mail it to you.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by afpilot82
The Bestop Supertop works like the OEM top or go with the Trektop NX if you like the fastback look.
Thanks. I was wondering about Bestop and leaning towards Sailcloth Replace-A-Top, since I already have the frame.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johns986
Also look on craigslist in your area, many jeep owners sell their tops on craigslist. Try to stick with model year 2009 if you want to use your existing hardware or at least get the complete hardware set if you buy another year. The 2009 was improved over the 07 and 08 years, then it was improved again in 2010 and some hardware was different.
If you are not successful in your local craigslist, look in Colorado, Arizona, Utah and Florida they are big Jeep states and I know someone will mail it to you.
Yep. I tried locally, but it seems like most people in Mississippi are selling hardtops. It's hot here, hot enough for tops up and A/C on right now (100-102 degrees), but most people seem to run soft tops.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 AM
sky
JK Enthusiast

I'm really happy w/ my original TrekTop. Search ebay, I've seen "distressed package" tops go for real cheap just b/c there is a hole in the box it came in. sometimes they may be missing a bag of bolts though, so be aware of that.....wouldn't be tough to replace those though.

The instal on an original trektop bx the newer NX version is vastly different. I think it took me over an hour longer to instal my friend's NX than it did for me to do my own. once you get it on though it's real easy to get on and off.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out the Bestop Trektop NX goes for @ $600. Saw this on a forum members Jeep. Very versatile. This will be my next top of choice.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll probably go with a trektop NX when my soft top goes. The thing is it probably isn't a fast to take down to the back because the frame doesn't just flip all the way back to the tailgate. But what I think is that I will usually have the top on for the safari experience cuz the sun is usually too much to take midday here in GA.

JG
Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

I've got a Supertop NX on my '09. I really like it. It's basically like the newer model OEM top with the wider rear window and cable/spring setup.

Quick Reply: Need New Soft Top. Any Suggestions?