Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New JK starts, stops after 1 sec. And this 6 times...

Old 12-06-2010, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you ever able to call Chrysler and see if they would cover any of the rental costs? Obviously this was all under warranty as you may not even got a chance to change the oil for the first time! I am curious how willing they are to make things right with their customers in case I ever have issues. Glad it's fixed, nothing more frustrating than having the joy of having a brand new vehicle, then have issues like this!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tails
This issue is fixed. My 2010 JK now starts and keeps running every time.
The dealer replaced the SKREEM module and that fixed it. Apparently, it was not receiving signals from the key(s) in many, but not all, cases.

Yes, I'm glad I have warranty.
And no, I don't think there is too much technology in my Jeep. I think there's not enough technology in it!
Glad you were able to get it fixed, as far as you thinking you want more technology in our Wranglers'? YOu wont be saying that next time the dealer has your Jeep for over a week , and they have no clue what is wrong with it,,, trut me ,,,,,if it happens to you one day, you will understand more where I am comming from

Quick Reply: New JK starts, stops after 1 sec. And this 6 times...