Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

NHTSA to investigate Stall Bug

Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14
Had it happen once, they replaced the ignition switch saying there was an open ground and never had a problem after
so far this is twwice i have heard of the ignition switch curing it ( or at leastno problems since)
Old 06-08-2007, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yeti

Off topic but... does anyone have an issue with the A/C sounding like it's eating through the engine block when you first turn it on? Can't find any other posts about it - maybe it's just mine??
Not to hijack the thread but yes ...it also happened in my f150 at about 85k and i thought the compressor was getting ready to go so i traded it in on this jk and it does the same thing only at 13k....oh well
Old 06-08-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
i thaught it was
It is ,but i changed it for relevancy...
Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
Only 53 complaints? I filed mine. Doesn't sound like the rest of you are stepping up? If your JK has stalled file your complaint.
just found the post....
just filed mine.

thx!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FzyPchz
To file a complaint, you need to go to the NHTSA website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/.
Made my complaint, finally happened to me while i was 700 miles from home on the highway... whole thing over in 2 seconds shut down restart...grrr now the frontend is looose wonder if i made a mistake buy the 1st yr ... but still love it just hate the workmanship.....
Old 06-09-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

had the flash but still happening!!! too many issues with this one, i too filed, and have waited over a month so far to have the district manager set up an inspection for the roof leak they cannot seem to fix...5 tries so far...between the leak, stalling out at 70, fighting the esp on off ramps, the hood shake issue, and a heater knob that wont stay in defrost, i would almost think i bought a 5000 yugo....shoulda listened to the wife and got the loaded 06 holdover
Old 06-22-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Filed my complaint today. Just happened a little while ago. Dash lit up and engine would just rev as if in neutral. Then all of a sudden I was back in business and drove home fine. I noticed that I had the air on before it happened and then I had to turn it on again after the incident as if I had turned off the ignition and cranked it up again.

Mileage: 5118
Trans: Automatic
Old 06-23-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

I'll file next. 55mph on country road yesterday, felt like esp took over and slowed me real quick. The log truck behind me didn't appreciate it either; if he wasn't paying attention my wife would have had a good lawsuit with DCX.

Quick Reply: NHTSA to investigate Stall Bug