Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

O2 sensors

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, What an annoying problem, at least its still running.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the cat fixed ASAP or it will kill your engine, the parts inside the cat brake apart and get sucked back into the engine and then it scores the piston walls and now you have to add oil every 1000 km or more!!!! See this all the time get it fixed! And don't drive it much if it's not to late, go check ur oil level!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thitalian97
well after a day of having no check engine light on, its back. took it back to the shop again today. new code. now its the catalytic converter. same damn thing ive been telling them for six months. getting really fed up with all this bullshit.
How are they positive that it's the cat this time? Have they done a cat efficiency test? those are extremely expensive and a costly guess. It sounds like something is fouling up your sensors and possibly cat. Have you had any other work done with the engine before you started getting a cel?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

well after having all of the O2 sensors replaced along with the PCM and now finally the catalytic converter, after the dealership finally agreed with m, it looks like my check engine light might finally be off. ill know for sure tomorrow after ive put the full 60 miles on it that the light seems to require. i dont know that im gonna hold my breath just yet though. we shall see i suppose.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So I am running into this exact problem with my 08. Did the new cat and sensors finally fix the problem?
Old 01-15-2021, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

Sounds like that dealer will owe you a pile of money for their incompetency. In the future you should replace the O2 sensors yourself as they unplug underneath and you just turn them out with a box end wrench. And that is strange because the 2 downstream sensors monitor the performance of the CAT converters so they should have been able to diagnose properly in the first place. More reasons why I don't let dealers work on my vehicles unless it is warranty or prepaid service.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 364 Likes on 340 Posts

Welcome Matt, The last post before yours was in 2011. you Message that member. Based on his last post he stated at that time it appeared to be resolved.

SUGGESTION... Start your POST with all the issues you are experiencing and include your JEEPs data & vitals.

Quick Reply: O2 sensors