Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by DV8 Offroad
Click Here

Oil Drain Plug

Old 10-19-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Drain Plug

There is a similar post out there somewhere about this issue. I'm not sure if anyone elaborated on it. But on my transmission ('08 6-speed Rubicon), the exhaust pipe runs right under the oil drain plug with about an inch of clearance. I know there are others out there with this configuration. What did you guys do about changing your oil? Is there a special tool? Are you using anything special to divert the draining oil away from the exhaust pipe? Thanks in advance for the input!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
JK Newbie

Wink

Originally Posted by aznme1 View Post
There is a similar post out there somewhere about this issue. I'm not sure if anyone elaborated on it. But on my transmission ('08 6-speed Rubicon), the exhaust pipe runs right under the oil drain plug with about an inch of clearance. I know there are others out there with this configuration. What did you guys do about changing your oil? Is there a special tool? Are you using anything special to divert the draining oil away from the exhaust pipe? Thanks in advance for the input!
it's called card board
Old 10-20-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

I just noticed in a Harbor Freight ad that they sell a set of metric hex key sockets for $13 that has both a 14 and a 17 mm size. Take out the hex key part and throw away the socket and you have both wrenches needed to change your trans oil.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Oil Drain Plug

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: