Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

"Oil Housing Leak" after service oil change.

Old 12-21-2020, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I still had some Extended Warranty left. They Paid $625.to replace the Oil Cooler - Filter housing that was leaking.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gdunnpt
Hey, sorry.

Someone suggested I do my spark plugs at the same time so I assumed there wasn't much extra labor to get them done as well and Im at 52k miles. So I asked my repair guy and he said theres an extra 2 hours of work in addition to the replacement of the oil housing repair. I was just asking if it was indeed inline to be charged for an extra 2 hours of labor ontop of the 2 hours of labor that I was being quoted in the first place. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
they’re quoting an addition 2 hrs labor to do plugs? If it takes 2 hours to change plugs when they have to pull the intake already to get to the filter housing, I’d find somewhere else to take it.

Quick Reply: "Oil Housing Leak" after service oil change.