Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ooops

Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long day at work. Light pole was in the blind spot behind the windshield pillar, and a little to anxious to get home and just relax. I truly wish it was a better story. If anyone can come up with something good I'll gladly steal it to explain the accident to my friends and co/ workers...
Old 03-24-2013, 09:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob G
Long day at work. Light pole was in the blind spot behind the windshield pillar, and a little to anxious to get home and just relax. I truly wish it was a better story. If anyone can come up with something good I'll gladly steal it to explain the accident to my friends and co/ workers...
Hmm...you were rushing to chase after a group of wild teenagers who just stole a nuns purse, yea that's a little better
Old 03-25-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob G
If you have not had any other claims in the past few years, a decent insurance company should not jack your rates. Otherwise it might be cheaper in the long run to pay out of pocket.

My friends and co-workers would not believe me if I hit a pole and offered the truthful explaination you did. They would only believe I was sliding around on purpose and finally screwed up.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Good luck on your repair and welcome to the forum.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

So I feel for you and your luck! Today I stopped for gas and opened my door to get out. As I got out I noticed a nice bright yellow pole within arms reach of my door. Thinking I should pay attention to it and be careful. Yeah I was doing good until I went to get back in. The wind and nice patch of ice made for a great challenge. Slipped and the door went flying, smacked that damn pole! I quickly grabbed the door expecting a huge dent and yellow accents to the billet gray. But only a pin head size mark on the door handle, I got lucky..... Then I noticed the dent and crease caused to the sheet metal, or whatever flimsy metal used, where the handle was pushed in. Now I have a quarter inch gap between the door and the back of the handle. Son of a b!¥€#!!! 550 miles on this new ride and a damn pole at a gas station got me. I was hoping I'd get a cool dent from off roading, but no such luck!

Quick Reply: Ooops