Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rugged Ridge vs. Strike Force Zebra Half Doors?

Old 01-21-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge vs. Strike Force Zebra Half Doors?

I know its pretty early but I wanted forum member's initial thoughts about these half doors. It seems these will be very similar products with similar price points. I almost bought the RR doors a couple weeks ago but stalled because of complaints about the awkward inside door handle.

www.strikeforcezebra.com

vs.

http://www.ruggedridgeoffroad.com/je...tube-doors.php

What is your opinion of the RR doors if you have them?
Does anyone have the upper half door options for the RR doors?
Who thinks the SFZ doors will be a better option and why?
Can anyone see a difference between the two just from the pictures?
Old 01-21-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Junkie

I like them both... Here is what I'm looking at:
Rugged Ridge (pro's/cons)
- the RR had terrible fitment issues when they were released, hopefully that's been taken care of.
- They are lockable, I know this isn't much but for someone like myself who lives in the city, it's still cheap insurance and I can tell my insurance company that along with backing it up with proof if need be.
- They are water proof and seal like an OEM door.
- They can be had for relatively cheap since they've been out for a while now if you do your shopping around.

As for the Strike Zebra Doors (pros/cons)
- I like the upper lip on the doors (I know it serves no function but I prefere it over the RR ones)
- no one knows how they will fit and/or seal correctly since they're not out yet.
- no uppers as f right now.
- until now I've never heard of this company (but I like the fact that they're made in the U.S.A.)
-intro price point (this could wind up being cheaper than the RR if they get it right)

So I'll just wait for the pricing and go from there.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fadeout
I like them both... Here is what I'm looking at:
Rugged Ridge (pro's/cons)
- the RR had terrible fitment issues when they were released, hopefully that's been taken care of.
- They are lockable, I know this isn't much but for someone like myself who lives in the city, it's still cheap insurance and I can tell my insurance company that along with backing it up with proof if need be.
- They are water proof and seal like an OEM door.
- They can be had for relatively cheap since they've been out for a while now if you do your shopping around.

As for the Strike Zebra Doors (pros/cons)
- I like the upper lip on the doors (I know it serves no function but I prefere it over the RR ones)
- no one knows how they will fit and/or seal correctly since they're not out yet.
- no uppers as f right now.
- until now I've never heard of this company (but I like the fact that they're made in the U.S.A.)
-intro price point (this could wind up being cheaper than the RR if they get it right)

So I'll just wait for the pricing and go from there.
Great comparison, thanks! Good point about the lockable doors, I didn't think of that.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Trowber24
I know its pretty early but I wanted forum member's initial thoughts about these half doors. It seems these will be very similar products with similar price points. I almost bought the RR doors a couple weeks ago but stalled because of complaints about the awkward inside door handle.

www.strikeforcezebra.com

vs.

http://www.ruggedridgeoffroad.com/je...tube-doors.php

What is your opinion of the RR doors if you have them?
Does anyone have the upper half door options for the RR doors?
Who thinks the SFZ doors will be a better option and why?
Can anyone see a difference between the two just from the pictures?
Originally Posted by Trowber24
Great comparison, thanks! Good point about the lockable doors, I didn't think of that.

Good points, the Strike Force Zebra inside door handle is easy to reach as it is in approximately the same location as the OE door handle (forward of the person and easy to reach) The uppers will be made of the same solid hard thermal plastic as the lower portion and will have sliding windows. Also because of the feedback we received here on the forum we added a lockable outside handle.

If you have not seen our pre-production forum deal, click here
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

It would be cool to see this thread come back to life now that the strikeforcezebras have been on some of your rigs

Bump for some updated comparisons? I'm actually debating between these two doors now

I am leaning toward strike force zebra...I just trust their door as a better fit and less expensive option however I'm worried about how a plastic upper is going to end up looking with a soft top?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Between the two, I would pick the strike force. Aesthetically I like how the front and rear outer door handles follow the same lines just like the OEM. If you look at the RR, the front door handle is lower than the rear...
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I havn't seen the SFZ doors but am less than impressed with my RR doors. My suggestion would be to check them out and open / close them yourself a few times. The RR ones are awkward to open from inside and my second set of front ones still don't latch easy on the passenger side. They are helpful to talk to but the product just isn't great quality. I've had them for 2 summers.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
I havn't seen the SFZ doors but am less than impressed with my RR doors. My suggestion would be to check them out and open / close them yourself a few times. The RR ones are awkward to open from inside and my second set of front ones still don't latch easy on the passenger side. They are helpful to talk to but the product just isn't great quality. I've had them for 2 summers.
Well that's definitely a huge help lol

What do you guys think of plastic uppers though? Will it clash with a soft top?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Anyone else have input?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I am looking into these... I like that RR has the uppers. Not sure when they will be available for SFZ.

Can anyone provide additional feedback on both (either)?

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge vs. Strike Force Zebra Half Doors?