Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Overdrive?

Old 02-14-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh for goodness sake! Just leave it on all the time.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Nothing changed when you hit the OD Off button because under the circumstances it was never getting into overdrive. It was shifting between torque converter lock and torque converter unlock in 3rd gear.
I am not really convinced....there isn't even any change when cruising down a flat road at 60 mph when I flip off the OD...seems like the button does nothing anymore.

Oh and when I have it in 2nd, and climbing up the mountain it will still upshift on it own down to 1400 RPM.

Anyway. . .?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt08jk
I am not really convinced....there isn't even any change when cruising down a flat road at 60 mph when I flip off the OD...seems like the button does nothing anymore.

Oh and when I have it in 2nd, and climbing up the mountain it will still upshift on it own down to 1400 RPM.

Anyway. . .?
OK. Now that you add the 60 mph on flat highway scenario, my theory doesn't apply.
It's hard to assist without all the facts.

Quick Reply: Overdrive?