Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

P0349 Camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent Bank 2 - 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-d

Old 08-11-2023, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default P0349 Camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent Bank 2 - 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-d

I hope you can help with this I can’t figure out a solution.

My Check engine light and ESC light go on whenever the engine is under strain. I’m not talking 4 wheeling but it does it on regular roads with a hill. I live in the Utah mountains so this makes it a big problem. The engine code is P0349 Circuit Intermittent Bank 2 Sensor One. Another computer says P0349 Camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent Bank 2.

At first I thought it was the ESC that was throwing things off. Now I’m convinced it’s the engine code and the ESC shows the Jeep is going into limp mode. If I turn the engine off and restart the ESC light goes off until it hits limp mode again. The engine light stays on.

Here is what happens:
  1. When going uphill on a highway or a regular road, the engine light goes on soon followed by the ESC light and the engine goes into limp home mode.
  2. The engine light reads with code P0349 Camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent Bank 2.
  3. ABS light does not come on so not the ESC/ABS control module or speed sensors. Plus no codes
  4. No codes showing the ESC had been on.
What I’ve done to try and fix it when I thought the ESC light was the cause:
  1. Tracked true and the steering wheel is straight but had a 4-wheel alignment done anyway.
  2. Made sure all 4 tires had the exact same air pressure.
  3. Tested the yaw control by whipping around corners and traffic circles. It does not go on and stay on. When triggered the ESC light flashes then goes off.
  4. Tested in wet conditions. Again, It does not go on and stay on. When triggered the ESC light flashes then goes off.

To try and fix the engine light issue:
  1. I replaced both camshaft position sensors.
  2. Full tune-up. Plugs, oil, crankcase fluid, differential fluid, etc.
  3. Tightened the oil galley plugs just below the camshaft-phasers on the driver’s side and used blue loctite
  4. The battery is less than a year old and all connections are tight and corrosion free
  5. Changed the pigtail/connector on the driver-side camshaft position sensor – checked and triple-checked the circuit with a meter
  6. Switched the camshaft position sensors from the driver’s side to the passenger's side to check for a bad sensor even though they were both new.
  7. Ran a tank of Cataclean
  8. With each of these, I disconnected the negative battery cable to reset the codes.
The truck does not have a lift but wears 33’s and it has had those size tires for years before this started happening.

All this and it is still throwing the code P0349 Camshaft position sensor A circuit Intermittent Bank 2!

I’m at a loss as to what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-13-2023, 01:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://f01.justanswer.com/dodgetech...3d5e_P0018.pdf
Old 08-14-2023, 04:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

That is a very useful document. Question for you or anybody else regarding this part right here -

The 4 solenoids are the exact same part number. why would you not be able to interchange the exhaust and intake solenoids, assuming you have the proper electrical connections to them?

Quick Reply: P0349 Camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent Bank 2 - 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2-d