Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

P0430 and brake lines

Old 05-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
This may or may not help you. I think I have the longer sensors, I can't recall. I know I have longer brake lines though and with the lift, they don't get in the way. I've eliminated one of the mounting points and it makes the line reach a little longer and makes it less susceptible to debris. Pictures below.

Those look like the shorter wires, since they route behind the shock. That reminded me, when I did mine It was when I did the Mopar BBK install which came with the longer brake hoses which include a metal mounting plate on the brake hose. The metal plate gets mounted between the shock and spring and has 2 holes in it where there are 2 x-mas tree clips on the longer speed sensor which plugs into those holes in the plate to hold the speed sensor wire in that same location.

I'm currently on my phone, I'll post a pic once I get infront of a PC.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

That's the newer style of attaching the brake line, the Pentastar has the brakes that way and it seems like that bracket is the first thing that the lift kit manufacturers ditch. You end up with a lot of extra line tied up between that bracket and the caliper where really it would be more beneficial to have it on the other side. Jeep performance parts and the engineering team must have their reasons though.

Quick Reply: P0430 and brake lines