Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

P06DD Code on 3.6

Old 09-23-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question P06DD Code on 3.6

The magnificent P06DD (DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK LOW ) code appeared over the weekend. When the light initially appeared on Friday evening the Jeep would get stuck around 3500 RPMs in any gear. I checked the oil and filter to verify no issues existed (I did recently change the oil). I always use a Mopar filter because of research regarding this code. I received this code once in the past when the Jeep was brand new but filter swap resolved it.

On Saturday the Jeep was running 100% but the light remained on. Sunday the Jeep was parked all day and Monday morning it was dropped off to dealer. On the drive to the dealer the Jeep was running 100% as it was Saturday but the light no longer existed. The dealer wasted my entire day (with an appointment) and then told me in the afternoon that the Jeep was running 100% and they could not locate any issues; the code was "stale".

My question for everyone is.. Should I press the issue with the Dealer to replace the oil pump, where the sensor is located or is it really a common bogus code on the 3.6? Maybe it was just related to the recent oil change

Jeep is under warranty.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:12 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh.. it's getting so easy for the dealer or any shop to simply unplug the battery which resets the system.. happend with our brakes.. they don't even bother looking, just plug the battery cables fred..Then we'll charge them $140 for our time.. I think.. its always good to get a second opinion.. like one does from their Dr.. If one dealer isn't fulfilling your expectations.. I'd find another one.. Just don't let the new dealership know where you took it before hand.. thou could be a mute point once they scan the system for the when and wheres..
Old 09-23-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

I be leave thats the code mine threw around 7500 miles ,and it was after oil change to.
Took it to dealer they replaced the oil pressure sensor ..
Old 10-07-2014, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

Light returned on the way to Overland Expo East.

Arrive at dealer and they replaced the oil filter housing which contains a sensor for the dual stage pump. Jeep was great for next 3 days. Traveled to Overland Expo and light returned on the third day. Dropped Jeep off Monday morning and currently waiting for replacement (Tuesday) of dual stage oil pump.

Hopefully the replacement of the pump and filter housing resolves all P06DD issues. As soon as the light pops on the Jeep doesn't accelerate past 3200 RPM. This is the point at which the pump should activate high setting.

Just wanted to provide some feedback for other who may experience this issue.

The following 2 users liked this post by combolc:
erny1980 (01-04-2022), Pedro Rios (10-24-2019)
Old 10-08-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

Dual Stage Oil Pump replaced after 2 days but Jeep appears to be running great.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went through this with my "13. Two trips to the dealership later, I now have a new sensor and new oil pump.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Reviving up this old thread but this morning I triggered this error code coming back to socal up the grapevine. Jeep wouldn't go past 3500 RPMs. I pulled over and checked the code. I checked oil level and it was fine. Just had a recent oil change maybe 10 days ago. I went ahead and cleared the code and it didn't come back. I'm now waiting to see if it triggers again before heading over to the stealership. Does anyone have part numbers for the oil circuit sensor or oil pump?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me a good 6 months for a dealership to fix this. I believe it ended up being my oil pump. I took it to about 3 or 4 different dealerships till one of them was somewhat smart enough to figure it out. Like said by someone else its easy for them to just unplug the battery and reset the computers.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MooooabJK
It took me a good 6 months for a dealership to fix this. I believe it ended up being my oil pump. I took it to about 3 or 4 different dealerships till one of them was somewhat smart enough to figure it out. Like said by someone else its easy for them to just unplug the battery and reset the computers.
Would you happen to have all the part numbers for the parts that were replaced? Or was it just the oil pump?
Old 12-12-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SF_E60
Would you happen to have all the part numbers for the parts that were replaced? Or was it just the oil pump?
I am going through this now... dealership just reset the code said it wasn't covered under power train warranty. They said they could change these parts:

68252670AA
5149062AB (replaces 5149062AA)

and change the oil for $712. The parts can be had online for under $70 so I am trying to see if my local mechanic can do the work for cheaper.

I might be able to fight them to get them to cover it but I need to go on a long trip next week and don't have time to do it :(
The following users liked this post:
GDI Tech (10-27-2020)

Quick Reply: P06DD Code on 3.6