Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

P219A diagnoses

Old 07-30-2023, 03:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default P219A diagnoses

Need help diagnosing P219A (air/fuel ratio imbalance bank1) on a 2016 JKU 3.6 with 48000 miles. Showing a handful of misfires on cylinder 1, zero on the other 5. Long term fuel is showing 9.8% on bank 1, 2.6% on bank 2. Short term numbers seem to be a higher percentage on bank but they are also erratic. Like in the screenshot of the frame it's at a negative number, but sometimes it will be a double-digit positive number. Oxygen sensor voltages on each side look consistent, so I don't think it's sensor failing there causing false reading. Fuel mileage is down slightly from 17.5 consistently to 16.5.

I’m leaning toward this being a partially clogged fuel injector, and it dumping more fuel in to compensate. Not much difference in around town driving, but feels like I have to lean into the throttle more on the highway to keep speed.

What is your opinion? I'm not one to throw parts at problem, so I'd like to pinpoint the cause if possible.

Here are the frames from the code.

Last edited by cartoscro; 07-30-2023 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any updates?

Hi I'm having a similar problem...did you figure out what the issue was here?
Thanks!
Old 11-29-2023, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Failing injector. Narrowed it down by swapping injectors between cylinders. Replaced all injectors and spark plugs while I was there, and been good since.
Old 11-29-2023, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drp16
Hi I'm having a similar problem...did you figure out what the issue was here?
Thanks!
Failing injector. Narrowed it down by swapping injectors between cylinders. Replaced all injectors and spark plugs while I was there, and been good since.
The following users liked this post:
drp16 (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ddbrocato
Thank you for the reply!

Quick Reply: P219A diagnoses