Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Positive Dealer Experience

Old 10-17-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive Dealer Experience

Guys, thought I'd share a good dealer story. Most that we hear are negative.

I ordered my 2011 Rubicon and it should be here next week, but I went ahead and sold my TJ 2 nights ago. I contacted the dealer and they said they would put me up in a free rental until mine came in. Awesome.

I went to pick up the rental yesterday, expecting like a beat up program car. And they had me in a brand new 2011 X JKU with 5 miles on it. Sweet man. Never expected a dealer to be so nice.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

I've had Jeeps since my first one, a 93 Rubicon. With the exception of the dealer that I purchased my 07 X from (coincidently out of business now), I've had excellent luck with Jeep dealers in general. My wife has a '10 Grand Cherokee and in addition to an incredible price, she has free maintenance for 100K miles. I only had 3 year 36 on mine, but the dealer always checks all fluids, tire pressure, brakes, air and fuel filters EVERY time I bring it in for an oil change. Why do I bring it to the dealer for an oil change? Storing and disposing of used oil is becoming a REAL pain in the ass, and I like accurate record keeping, something I was never good at.

When I bought my X, I took it on vacation and the check engine light came on when I was 700 miles from home. The Jeep dealer took me in as a walk in without an appointment, corrected the problem and actually bumped another customer because he didn't want to screw up any more of my vacation. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer was was nice too until I modded my Jeep, now I will never goto another dealer again.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Wow...a new car as a rental. At least you can get used to the jeep while you wait for your Jeep.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

I bought my Jeep at River Oaks in Houston; Awesome staff and awesome deal. I get my Jeep serviced and buy parts at Lithia in Corpus Christi; Awesome staff and awesome deals. I agree that Jeep dealers are a different breed. In fact everyone that I've dealt with at both dealerships actually own Jeeps

P.s. - I have no affiliation with either except as a loyal customer.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

... The '93 YJs were available in a 'Renegade' package. The 'Rubicon' package was not available until 2003 with the TJ's.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

That's pretty unexpected. My dealer just does what they should. That's enough for me. A lot of places don't even do that.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

hempomatic, what dealer are you referring to? I'm in NJ as well.

Quick Reply: Positive Dealer Experience