Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

problum with my SIRIUS?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problum with my SIRIUS?

I got my JK back in aug of 08 and my sirius worked fine. on sunday I drove the jeep in the moring and it woked, but in the afternoon it just stop working. it keeps saying "acquiring signal" or "no signal". I looked at the antenna... it is still there, and not broken. anyone else have this problum?

Last edited by ChevyM14; 01-19-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

I had a similar problem 2 months ago, somehow my subscription got cancelled months before it expired and all the screen showed was no signal. Call SIRIUS thats your best bet, they'll send some OTA programming to your system and get it fixed up.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I had a similar problem 2 months ago, somehow my subscription got cancelled months before it expired and all the screen showed was no signal. Call SIRIUS thats your best bet, they'll send some OTA programming to your system and get it fixed up.
Good luck dealing with them, mine stopped 2.5 months prior to the year as well. I was a previous subscriber to them so I called. I was told that my Jeep hadn't been activated yet and he would take care of it. I would have a year for free! I was stoked at the thought of a free year. Needless to say, my wife was doing some online banking a couple days later and saw where they had charged our card for a full year at the full price. I called to question it and went around and around for a week. Needless to say, I got boned by them for the rep telling me I had a free year. They couldn't understand why I was aggrevated at paying full price on the same account for 2 radios.

They suck, but the music is good
Old 01-19-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lost signal happens it's 5am> It last for about 15-20mins. My ant. is above the pass. side on the triangle plate. Now on my wife's 02' tj I put the ant. on the hood about 3" out of the center. She has not lost a signal yet Don't know what that means but I'll be moving my ant when it gets warmer. Myself I have not had a problem with their cust. ser. dept.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MaloCS
It could be a bad antenna. I had the same thing happen to me with a Kenwood Sirius unit and the problem was the antenna. Take your JK back to the dealership and have them check it.

Good luck!
I agree, that happened to me once but it was with one of the aftermarket units.

Quick Reply: problum with my SIRIUS?