Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pure Jeep D-ring Shackles.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure Jeep D-ring Shackles.

Can you put Pure Jeep D-Ring Shackle Mounts on a Stock Bumper? I relize you would have to get rid of the crush cans and do some cutting. Has anyone done this, or have any pics? Thanks for any input.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by sspronin
Can you put Pure Jeep D-Ring Shackle Mounts on a Stock Bumper? I relize you would have to get rid of the crush cans and do some cutting. Has anyone done this, or have any pics? Thanks for any input.
someone was just talking about this, try searching it might come up..

But to answer your question, Yes it can be done
Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I tried to search with no luck. I think I will try and let everyone know.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the bolt hole measurements for them first. I bought some a while back. In fact it was so long ago I don't remember if they were Pure Jeep or not. Anyhow, I got them in and found the bolt pattern wasn't the same as the stock frame to bumper mounting points. If you're putting anything like that on your Jeep, make sure you attach it to the frame. I ended up trading them to a local rancher for some beef, but if you aren't around someone who can make them work on something else, make sure they will bolt right up to the frame mounting points. That stock bumper isn't going to hold anything by itself.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by seer1
Get the bolt hole measurements for them first. I bought some a while back. In fact it was so long ago I don't remember if they were Pure Jeep or not. Anyhow, I got them in and found the bolt pattern wasn't the same as the stock frame to bumper mounting points. If you're putting anything like that on your Jeep, make sure you attach it to the frame. I ended up trading them to a local rancher for some beef, but if you aren't around someone who can make them work on something else, make sure they will bolt right up to the frame mounting points. That stock bumper isn't going to hold anything by itself.
the Purejeeps mount to the stock frame locations,. No need to measure.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

The bolt holes line up for sure. They don't bolt to the bumper but the frame. I just was wondering if anyone has done it, and had pics.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by sspronin
The bolt holes line up for sure. They don't bolt to the bumper but the frame. I just was wondering if anyone has done it, and had pics.
someone on here has, I'll try and find the thread.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks that would be great.

Quick Reply: Pure Jeep D-ring Shackles.