Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Quadratec Quick Release Mirror Movers with Square Head

Old 06-19-2016, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadratec Quick Release Mirror Movers with Square Head

Anyone else have these...and if so do yours whistle like crazy!!! Ahhh. So annoying. At first I thought it was where the rubber wraps around, so I added some black tape...well that different work.....anyone have other ideas otherwise I am returning them. Calling Quadratec tomorrow because I shouldn't have to fix a brand new $50 item
Old 06-20-2016, 01:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psheffern
Anyone else have these...and if so do yours whistle like crazy!!! Ahhh. So annoying. At first I thought it was where the rubber wraps around, so I added some black tape...well that different work.....anyone have other ideas otherwise I am returning them. Calling Quadratec tomorrow because I shouldn't have to fix a brand new $50 item
Just got mine on and noticed the same thing. It's not terrible, but I haven't been over 50mph with them yet. They also vibrate quite a bit... I thought about returning them, but I think I already threw the box away.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

u need to tighten them really hard for them to stay in place and not vibrate.....and i mean tighten the turn knob on the hinge itself, not the mirror....that whistle starts at about 25-30 mph and doesnt stop until you slow down......ugh
Old 06-20-2016, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Yep... crank the HECK out of that knob. As for the whistle, I've hear, but haven't tried myself yet, that running a bead of black gasket maker around the edge where the rubber meets the metal on the back of the mirror will fix it.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

These look similar to the Rugged Ridge ones I have. Mine do whistle a little bit nothing to crazy that would make me return them though. Aside from that these mirrors do their job as expected. This thread talks about how to fix the issue https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ations-334694/
Old 06-20-2016, 07:32 AM
Former Member

I really thought about the mirror movers, but didnt want to give up my power mirrors. So I invested in a set of cheapie square quick release mirrors from Quadratec.

Although they dont whistle, when looking into them, it looks like I have 5 15" subs in the Jeep pounding away, they vibrate so much.
Reading this thread, I am kind of glad I didnt go w/the Mirror movers.
I decided to wait until getting some 1/2 doors with a more conventional mirror set up.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by psheffern
u need to tighten them really hard for them to stay in place and not vibrate.....and i mean tighten the turn knob on the hinge itself, not the mirror....that whistle starts at about 25-30 mph and doesnt stop until you slow down......ugh
I tightened that thing as hard as I possibly could, but there was still a lot of vibration. There's also something strange about the view from these mirrors. It seems very... Narrow. They're just not what I was hoping for overall. I figured I'd give them a try, but having used them for a few days I think I'd rather just spend a bit more on better mirrors.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Yep... crank the HECK out of that knob. As for the whistle, I've hear, but haven't tried myself yet, that running a bead of black gasket maker around the edge where the rubber meets the metal on the back of the mirror will fix it.
see i thought the same thing, so i tried some foam, like window insulation with the sticky side to it, seemed to work but it looked like sh**, so then i tried some black gorilla tape, again thinking it was the rubber gap also, but nothing changed....maybe some caulk will work.....but an i hate having to tweak a brand new item so it works properly......thx
Old 06-20-2016, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SF_E60
These look similar to the Rugged Ridge ones I have. Mine do whistle a little bit nothing to crazy that would make me return them though. Aside from that these mirrors do their job as expected. This thread talks about how to fix the issue https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ations-334694/
thx man i will try lowering the brackets like the post said and see what happens

Quick Reply: Quadratec Quick Release Mirror Movers with Square Head