Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question about stock Bridgestone Dueler cornering and rollover - First Post!

Old 08-07-2015, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
You're certainly not curbing them but it's also not the "roll" that you think either. The scuff marks on the edge of the tread is the furthest that you're scrubbing these tires on the road. From the looks of the remnants, I would bet that there is some form of tire protectant on the sidewall where it appears dirtier. The center of the tire being the same as that outside edge leads me this direction along with the dust on the wheels. My tires get a similar look after running them through the sand all day.

So you were wondering about stiffer sidewalls on the duratracs and it may be possible to find them but moving to a stiffer sidewall will change the characteristic of your ride. I'm on E rated tires and there is absolutely a difference from my previous C rated tires. The duratracs should net you a similar ride to factory but with added traction. A wider tire and/ or wheel spacers will help your cornering stability.
This is what I was thinking. Thanks for the confirmation karls10jk.

I already have a set of 1.5" spacers behind each wheel which has widened my stance. And you're right, I have some protectant still on there.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same tires on my 09 JKUX. I did very well in mud on a trail ride last July. Had them aired down to 20 psi. I have been very impressed with how well the work in the snow. Mine do not roll over or feel unstable around turns at 40 psi.

Quick Reply: Question about stock Bridgestone Dueler cornering and rollover - First Post!