Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing front seats and what not to do.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have airbags in my seats, but drivin around with all seat hardware unplugged was no issue.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dude...you will not have any issues...did the same thing for mine last fall before sending it in to get Line-x'd and removed all the seats to do the prep with no issues. No need to unplug the battery etc.
awesome having the floor coated for the winter by the way...just hosed out the whole interior this weekend.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck getting the seats back in! I raptor lined my interior 2 weeks ago, it was a PAIN to get the bolt holes lined back up, I don't know what I was doing wrong I thought it was going to be a 5 minute job to ratchet 8 bolts but it ended up taking almost 2.5 hours with help from the wife and my shirt was SOAKED with sweat from pushing and prodding.

I don't know how they finally lined up but I'll NEVER take those seats out again. lol
Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepWrangler731
Good luck getting the seats back in! I raptor lined my interior 2 weeks ago, it was a PAIN to get the bolt holes lined back up, I don't know what I was doing wrong I thought it was going to be a 5 minute job to ratchet 8 bolts but it ended up taking almost 2.5 hours with help from the wife and my shirt was SOAKED with sweat from pushing and prodding.

I don't know how they finally lined up but I'll NEVER take those seats out again. lol
don't mess with the seat adjuster while out!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll take them out and see how it goes.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not unbolt the air bag module and turn it over with the bat. connected. The "g sensor" is inside and it will work with the key off. It's under center consul. Yellow connector.

Quick Reply: Removing front seats and what not to do.