Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replacing the rubber blocks on the hood...

Old 12-23-2006, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the rubber blocks on the hood...

I read on here at some point how easy those things come off but I never really tried. Well I lost one the other day (I'm assuming at the carwash) so I grabbed the other one and pulled it off. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I'm actually surprised I didn't lose one sooner. Now that they are both off, I like the look. I want to take the windshield tie down off as well because I'll just be honest, I would never use any of it anyway.

Here is the question: Has anybody come up with a slick little grommet or something to fill the holes? I'm looking for something I can maybe paint to match. Well really I'm just looking for ideas... or pictures.

Also, if you feel the opposite way I do and have lost and need one, I have one for you. I just need it for a little while for sizing.

Let me know...
Old 12-23-2006, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

My brother took the spoiler off of his Supra and found some black grommets at Autozone that fit tight enough to seal.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

you also could use some interior trim retaining plugs available at most auto supply stores. They would fill the holes pretty flush.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Two Dice

We have a neighbor that replaced the bumpers on the hood with two red dice. Very sharp but we can't because he did.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

if I dont get my MYGIG unit soon, Ill be replacing one of those buggers with a sirus antenna
Old 12-25-2006, 05:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Not trying to sound to cheesey, but you could press some LEDs through and have some glowing cat eyes on the hood. Just a thought, but I wouldn't do it myself.

Quick Reply: Replacing the rubber blocks on the hood...