Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Right side door leak

Old 12-25-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right side door leak

I have a 2011 JKU with a right side door leak. I took my Jeep to the dealer for the leak. The first time it was there they said a recall just came out for this problem. They put a piece of something inside the seal that made it thicker at one point in the door seal. I left and and the next rain it still leaked. I noticed that the small weather seal on the left and right side on top of the door frame was gone on both sides from taking roof on and off. They replaced both missing pieces. They said they did a "leak" test and it was good no water. Well the next rain we had which was today I went out to check and it is leaking. It obviously isn't the top seals or the recall part because it still leaks. I have a puddle on my floor. Any one else out there having this issue. I'm about ready to loose it. Any suggestions on stopping the leak. I think I'm gonna make them replace the whole door seal. Next they will be buying me a new top or a new Jeep.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same problem with my 11 JK. Took 7 times to the dealer to get the problem fixed... They replaced the entire door seal and it still leaked. Seems like fixing the leaks on the JKs is like a guess and check for the dealerships. I was about to blow a gasket by the time they got it fixed. Doesn't help that the dealerships are not helpful at all and act like they've fixed every time even though they know they haven't. Keep taking it back until it gets fixed. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. Good luck with your JKU!

Edit: when mine finally was fixed I was in the middle of an arbitration claim to get the jeep replaced. This whole process is a huge PITA. If you want to pursue this make sure you keep all documentation from the dealership work and also document every time you experience leaks and where it is leaking. If you pursue the lemon law you will have to prove there is a problem and it hasn't been fixed within a reasonable amount of time/work. All of this will help this process.

Last edited by Tnsatbhs; 12-25-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Go back to jeep and tell them to replace the passenger side bucket seal and then pray they replace it correctly. My stupid jeep dealership took forever to fix my leak in fact they thought it was the header seal and instead of replacing it they just put a giant bead of clear silicone along the top outter edge of the header seal and ofcourse it looks like shit!!!!! and it still leaked then they replace the door seal and it still leaked finally they replaced the bucket seal and that fixed it... But now im trying to get jeep to replace my top header seal rather than have that ugly ass bead of silicone going along the top of my jeep and ofcourse the dealership refuses so i filed a complant and have a case # which im sure nothing will happen......
Old 12-25-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice huh. I hope I don't have to go through all that but I'm in my way. What is the bucket seal. Never heard if that. Also where was the water at in the jeep was it on the floor under the rocker?
Old 12-25-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you know what finally fixed the leak.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 PM
JK Freak

I have a 07 hardtop on my 11 and it's leaking like crazy! They replaced the header seal cause their leak expert said that's where it was leaking. Still leaking on the passenger front side , driver side b pillar and today after raining all morning went to move it to the garage and it poured in from above the sound bar! I'm losing my damn mind on this! When I had the soft top on it leaked on the passenger front no where else.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im in the process of a buy back, I'm fed up its bullshit that anyone has to deal with this but, check the front window gasket, all leaks that I've delt with and talked with my friend about r not always the door,
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave up on mine. I cut some slits in my drain plugs and when it leaks, it drains out.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

I am dealing with this with my 12 sport. Going back to the stealer for the 4th time today. My uncles 2dr rubicon has the same issue, it is a 12 too
Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is it wet up by ur toes ? They found water coming in on mine from up under the dash and it was running all over

Quick Reply: Right side door leak