Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rough Country Suspension Lift

Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country Suspension Lift

Is a Rough Country 4" Suspension lift for $499.95 worth getting? I want a 4" lift, but I'm not sure what brand will give me the best lift for my money. Any advice?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

You'll get 100+ diff reviews. Just read through all the thread using the search.

I've heard 50/50 on rough country. It's based on what you plan to use your rig for.

1 point of advise, plan for what you wanna be at in the next few years and don't cut corners. There are countless stories, my self included that went cheap up front and ended up paying double.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Do you think that it would be a good buy for every now and then use off-road? I'm planning on keeping it for a while. Or should I go with a different lift?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I have not personally ran anything by rough country so I can't say.

Ask around and find jeep guys in your area. They can tell you first hand what they like.

Like I said, just read through the countless posts that guys have made reviewing their lifts, or give northridge 4x4 a call and ask for advice. They're really down to earth and don't push products like most of the big name shops.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing to consider with a 4" lift, you will want to add new control arms (preferably adjustable) to dial in your suspension. Rough Country is on the cheaper end so just realize with that lift, you may need additional parts.

2dr or 4dr? What size tires are you planning on running? If you're not going to run 37s, there's no need for a 4" lift. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your hard earned money, but my advice is to do plenty of research and buy the highest quality kit you can afford. There are countless stories on here of guys buying one of these cheaper lifts and then complaining when it rides rough or the steering is squirly, ect. etc.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a RC 4" lift, and here is my humble opinion:

If it is for street use / mall crawling, you'll be fine.

If it is for light (dirt roads like) offroading, you'll be fine.

If it is for heavy offroading - pass on it. Mine is a PITA to keep working.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Davis.Bragg
Is a Rough Country 4" Suspension lift for $499.95 worth getting? I want a 4" lift, but I'm not sure what brand will give me the best lift for my money. Any advice?
Davis,

It's already been said, but research as much as you can. Rough Country makes a good kit for the money, but it will be missing this you need. You'll need adjustable control arms and trackbars to get the Jeep aligned correctly. also when lifting that high, you will need a front driveshaft if you have a 2012+.

What size tire are you looking at running? If you only want to run a 35" tire, then go with a 2.5" lift. It will be cheaper and you'll have enough clearance for larger tires and you're Jeep will look great. We carry the Rough Country 2.5" Lift Kit. It comes with coils and shocks and the hardware needed to install it. IT will allow you to run up to a 35" tire and is super easy to install.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be happy to help you out!

-Zach

Trending Topics

Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Alright guys! I appreciate all the help!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like others have said it all depends on what you plan to do with your jeep and how hard you wheel it. I would get the adjustable lower control arms for the front at the very least. I started with the 3.5 inch and the adjustables made the steering way better. To me the RC lifts are great started lifts that can be built up better as you go. This is all just my opinion.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran a RC 2.5 susp lift awhile ago. Affordable lift, very poor ride quality on and off road.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Suspension Lift