Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rubi Poll

Old 01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi Poll

Found in a Jeep Dealers inventory: A 14 2 dr Rubi. Only options are auto trans and hardtop. It like getting back to basics.
We had TJs since they came out in 97. our last one was an 06 Unlimited Rubi. Same color ...Black. So what is the thought
of you out there. Back to basics? or$5000.00 more for a NORMAL JEEP ?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Found in a Jeep Dealers inventory: A 14 2 dr Rubi. Only options are auto trans and hardtop. It like getting back to basics.
We had TJs since they came out in 97. our last one was an 06 Unlimited Rubi. Same color ...Black. So what is the thought
of you out there. Back to basics? or$5000.00 more for a NORMAL JEEP ?
What other options would you consider? is this your daily drive, or just a fun drive? I have one of those with a manual trans, no need for any more electrical stuff to be honest...

And just imagine the mods you can get with those extra 5K.

Again, I believe it has to do with what you want for yourself.

Good luck with the decision.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Look at the package it's built with too. Some dealers order packages that automatically come with power windows/locks/doors. I believe it's something like 24A vs. 23B.

I wish the Willy's edition came as a low budget basic Rubicon...
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Default Rubi Poll

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Look at the package it's built with too. Some dealers order packages that automatically come with power windows/locks/doors. I believe it's something like 24A vs. 23B.

I wish the Willy's edition came as a low budget basic Rubicon...
The Willie is a glorified Sport. This Rubi is a 2 door, so is there a need for power windows, locks etc. It will be my daily driver and my weekend vehicle.
Bumper would be first thing to do. Saving money and getting a Rubi at the same time?........I think I just decided!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
The Willie is a glorified Sport. This Rubi is a 2 door, so is there a need for power windows, locks etc. It will be my daily driver and my weekend vehicle.
Bumper would be first thing to do. Saving money and getting a Rubi at the same time?........I think I just decided!
Exactly my point!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi

I would opt for more options if it were my daily driver. Of course I like creature comforts... it really comes down to what you prefer and can afford. I went loaded and did all the mods I wanted (over time).

Your call...
Old 01-23-2014, 05:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

rubicons come well equipped not much of a stripper model to begin with.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a base model Rubicon 2 door. Still came with Leather wheel and shifter and Alpine sound system. I have manual windows and trans and love it. It has everything a Jeep should have you won't be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Rubi Poll