Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are Rubicon Tires Good?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are really good I have them, If you want a tire that can crawl a little better try the BFG mudterrain KM2's. But the regular KMs are serving all my needs
Old 10-04-2010, 10:52 PM
JK Freak

Also check out tire shops that are near dealerships, I see them all the time being sold as used, just because someone drove them from the dealership to the tire store to be changed out for a customers upgrade.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO......the MT's off of a Rubicon are better than the stock Wrangler ST's that came on my X. I was very surprised to see how well they did considering they don't have any siping. I haven't had them on in the wintertime yet, but so far they handle everyday driving and rain MUCH better. My traction control used to kick in all the time, especially when pulling away from a stop in the rain. Or when I hit any standing water. That seldom happens anymore now that I'm running the KM's.

Don't get me wrong, they are not the best tires I have ever owned, and they will slide if you drive like an ass......but in normal everyday driving I think they do great. I picked mine up slightly used from someone here off the board for next to nothing. I don't think I would pay retail for a set, but if you can get a deal then go for it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely buy some. I did the same thing. I loved mine. I put about 20k on them before I sold them, and I would estimate 65 -70% tread left. I put my little X in places that lots of other people said "No way" and she drove right on through. I would have bought them in 35"s if they still made them. I am running 35" DC mud country's now, and like them so far, but I still wish they made the original KM's that big.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ive driven in all kinds of terrain (except for snow) and put almost 10,000 miles on my Rubi since June 24th and will tell you that I love these tires. I think you will be extremely pleased, and because a LOT of Jeepers upgrade to 35's you should be able to find a set of 5 for a damn good deal on Craigslist or even here in the "For Sale" forums.

In all honesty, I think ANYTHING you get will be an extreme improvement to what the X comes stock with.

Enjoy em.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

I think they're awesome.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was very happy and impressed by mine. i rock crawled and did quite a bit of wheelin with them and they performed flawlessly for me. took them off at 25k and not even half worn.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Great tires for the small size that they are. Did the rubicon last month no flats except when I pushed rocks into the bead. Will serve you well til you want more tire.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine were great tires, and I got almost 50k miles out of them before I upgraded.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

The only complaint I had about them were that they sucked in the rain. They did fine off road mud/rocks but in the rain I had to be careful on turns. They tend to let loose. No siping.

Quick Reply: Are Rubicon Tires Good?