Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seat covers

Old 11-30-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have Marathon covers. I'm also a duck hunter and jump in with my waders on all season long. I got several add ons (two tone: Max-4/black, map pockets, and gun loops) shown in the pictures below. The pictures were taken after my line-x job was done so not the best shots of the seats but you'll get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	513642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	513643   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0218.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	513644  
Old 11-30-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

I also have the Marathon seat covers they are great. when they get dirty (a bird shit on mine when doors were off 2x)
it wiped right off. I have washed them many times and held up great I liked them so much I took them from my 08 and put them in my 13 the fit is not right but they work till I can afford a new set
and I love all the pockets u can add. I live in Fl and have not noticed any sun fadding (seat covers are 4yrs old and going strong)

island girl

Old 11-30-2013, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love my ACU camo.....hides dirt great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3199188258.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	513661   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3525775298.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	513662   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2098252077.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	513663  
Old 11-30-2013, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Wet Okole covers are flawless and have held up to a couple of years abuse still looking new too.

They make a camo pattern too
Old 12-14-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

does any one know if the trek armor will fit on seats with the internal airbags? I see on their site that they can gaurantee the function of the sirbag in the case of deployment but i just want to know if it will physically fit on the seats. I will take responsibility for the function of the airbag.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak to fit, but they are working on an airbag compatible version. I heard hopefully by end of January.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2013, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Trek Armor

I have run a ton of seat covers over the years. Not even sure what color my original seats are?! I once took a set to the dealer and covered the seats before pulling out of the parking lot.

I had issues with the neoprenes. I am a big guy and it's a lifted jeep. So started to see some real wear and tearing where I slid off the seat getting out of the jeep. I also only went black. The other colors fade big-time. I remember my daughter asking some guy where he got the pink seat covers... they were red, but faded. Bet the guy ordered new set that night!

With all that said... I came to this forum wanting to know the very best and someone mentioned Trek Armor. I figured what the heck. Guess they fall into the nylon side of what you are asking. They are absolutely bomb proof. Like shockingly bombproof. They still look brand new, no fading. Very heavy duty. Molle straps nice touch and don't go to waste. Bitch to put on... like a board.

So, thumbs up for no neoprene. And if this helps someone else take a peek at Trek Armor... feel like I have paid it forward!
Old 12-15-2013, 03:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you just want to cover your seats for duck season, get some cheap ass covers that go on and off easy. If you are going to keep them on all the time and want them to look good, get the Trek Armor.
I've had mine on for over a year, and they still look new.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FDHog
If you just want to cover your seats for duck season, get some cheap ass covers that go on and off easy. If you are going to keep them on all the time and want them to look good, get the Trek Armor.
I've had mine on for over a year, and they still look new.

This for sure. If you like the leather but only want something for duck season there is probably no need to spend for something like Trek Armor. That said, I love my Trek Armor and do not regret anything about getting them.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gmatir1-Rubicon2011
I am looking to put some seat covers on my 2012 JKU Rubi. I have leather seats and want to put covers on for duck season. Damn marsh mud will stain everything including your hands. Anybody have input on the Neoprene vs. the Coverking Ballistic Nylon set covers. Thanks.
I have researched this on here for a while and the Coverking ballistic got a LOT of votes... and since you are using them for duck season they are supposedly water proof if that helps. I just went on to order a set and they do not make them for a 2014 yet, I think the latest they went was 2012 so you should be safe. I ended up ordering the Coverking neoprene... they will do for now hopefully they wear ok and don't turn "pink" right away!!

Quick Reply: Seat covers