Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Service Costs?

Old 07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Costs?

I just took my jeep in for the 30K service and to have a few little problems corrected. The service ended up costing $1,131.00! Is this normal? Jeeze! I did a 30K mile service on my wifes car and it cost $340.00. This seems a bit on the silly side.

The same dealer tried to tell me that the reason my jeep was pulling to the left was because, "tires these days have some pull built into them." I swear, he actually said that!

Does anyone know a fair Jeep repair facility in the greater Los Angeles area that isn't staffed by morons?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you out of warranty? Surely at least some of whatever they did to cost that much should be covered.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Most of the time when it pulls, it is either the steering wheel is off center or your brake pads.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Did they give you that quote BEFORE they did any of the work? If so, why did you accept? If they did not give you a quote beforehand, you got hosed.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGuy
I just took my jeep in for the 30K service and to have a few little problems corrected. The service ended up costing $1,131.00! Is this normal? Jeeze! I did a 30K mile service on my wifes car and it cost $340.00. This seems a bit on the silly side.

The same dealer tried to tell me that the reason my jeep was pulling to the left was because, "tires these days have some pull built into them." I swear, he actually said that!

Does anyone know a fair Jeep repair facility in the greater Los Angeles area that isn't staffed by morons?
WTF you actually let them do whatever they did and charge you that much? INSANE, go look at your owners manual and see what is required for 30K service

oh and different dealers are charging all different prices for the 30K service,I've seen from 300 to your pricing but never saw someone that actually agreed and let them do 1300 service
Old 07-08-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKGuy

This is why I laughed when up to 90 year old GM and Chrysler dealers pouted and whined when they lost their franchises recently. Between the front door of the dealer and the back door of the service department they all screw the customer some just more than others.

[Screw] 'em all!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Just found this:

More research from the manual...

30,000 Miles (50,000 km) or 30 Months Maintenance Service
Schedule
❏ Change the engine oil and engine oil filter.
❏ Rotate tires.
❏ Replace the engine air cleaner filter.
❏ Change the manual transmission fluid if using your vehicle for any of the following: trailer
towing, snow plowing, heavy loading, taxi, police, delivery service (commercial service),
off-road, desert operation or more than 50% of your driving is at sustained high speeds
during hot weather, above 90°F (32°C).
❏ Inspect the transfer case fluid.
So they're charging a grand just to change his tranny fluid!? That's rediculious. It's just a drain plug!

Trending Topics

Old 07-08-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

What does it say on the reciept what they did above the 30k service? They must have slipped a brake job in there or something...

Either way, that's a lot of $$.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default dealership employee advice.....

Request to see another few service tickets for the same service interval. They can black out the other owners names to protect their privacy. SHOW THEM the recommended service items in the manual and explain that an okay for the service interval work does not include carte blanc for whatever they want to do. Make an appointment with the general manager and explain that you got taken advantage of and you want to discuss it with him prior to filing a complaint with the BBB. Believe me, ANY reputable dealership doesn't want any BBB complaints. You have to understand the service writer is paid on a commission basis, the more he writes, the more he makes. However this can lead to an abusive situation that the dealership management would not be aware of unless complaints are brought to their attention. Be courteous but FIRM in presenting your feelings on the matter. Once the matter is shown to management, they'll know immediately upon looking at the service ticket whether you got had......
Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

I would be curious to see what they actually did. Sounds like a rip off unless something was actually broken.

Quick Reply: Service Costs?