Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Side mirrors "fall"

Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirrors "fall"

I don't know how else to explain this, but my 2012 jks mirrors have to be adjusted at least once a week because they keep angling downward. They arent electric so it's a bit of a pain in the butt.

Any ideas on what is causing this? Or, does anyone else have this issue? I'm considering going to the dealership to see what they can do.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

2011 sahara with electric mirrors: never had to adjust in 2 years.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjust them back up. Clean the glass really well and wait.

Next time they're angled down look for fingerprints on the bottom edge of the mirrors . Bet somebody's monkeying with you.

I wouldn't expect anything from the dealership but sighs and rolled eyes.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lost- great idea, I'll definitely do that! Would've never noticed fingerprints due to how muddy I keep the jeep!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Door slamming? I can see that.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LOST
Adjust them back up. Clean the glass really well and wait.

Next time they're angled down look for fingerprints on the bottom edge of the mirrors . Bet somebody's monkeying with you.

I wouldn't expect anything from the dealership but sighs and rolled eyes.
I did this to my bosses Tahoe for about 6 months. Great advice.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NOVA2012JK
I don't know how else to explain this, but my 2012 jks mirrors have to be adjusted at least once a week because they keep angling downward. They arent electric so it's a bit of a pain in the butt.

Any ideas on what is causing this? Or, does anyone else have this issue? I'm considering going to the dealership to see what they can do.

Thanks in advance!
My 2012 mirrors haven't budged since I set them on day 1.

I've owned three WJ Grand Cherokees, two of which have had "self-adjusting" mirrors similar to what you describe, except that they adjusted themselves in random directions. All of the GCs had the memory mirror/seat based on the fob used to unlock it (or a button press on the door) so I was of the opinion that it was some sort of electrical issue (electrical issues on a WJ -- who'd a thunk it? ).

That may be the case in your situation as well, but that's just a guess. As I said, my 2012's mirrors haven't moved a millimeter since I first adjusted them when I bought the vehicle. My 2 cents would be to take it back to the dealer and have them check it out under the b-2-b warranty.

Edit: Whoops, just read that you said that they areN'T electric. I thought you said that the ARE electric. My bad. Disregard comment.

Last edited by Gort; 02-08-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

My driver side mirror always does that as well. Also vibrates at highway speeds almost as much as the mirror on my bike. Just haven't taken it in yet.

Quick Reply: Side mirrors "fall"