Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

So I accidentally went along a ditch and ended up in a muddy field... NEED HELP ASAP

Old 04-29-2015, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I accidentally went along a ditch and ended up in a muddy field... NEED HELP ASAP

Hi there! I have a jeep wrangler X 2009 4x4... No lifts or mods. I live in the back roads of texas. I recently went along a ditch and ended up in a muddy field. No rough landings or collisions whatsoever. The mud this not reach the underside of my vehicle and I have skid plates. I tried starting my jeep and it would turn over but it was a small sound and then it would die and not move. I was pulled out easily and it did the same thing on the road. I tried turning in on back at my house and now the engine wouldn't turn on. My friend checked my fuses and my engine pressure was good too but he noticed that my fuel line was not distributing fuel to the engine. He says he hears the fuel pump but no fuel going in. Yes I actually have gas... May I also mention that my gf did accidentally move the gear shifter but it was still good no jerking or stopping. It didn't get to park or reverse. I cannot for my life figure out whats wrong and don't really trust dealerships and garages. I called the nearby jeep dealership and they just wanna tow it and replace either my fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or totally integrated power module which is expensive. I just need and idea of what could be wrong and possibilities which I know are endless but still wanna narrow them down, along with a possible net cost. My jeep looks totally fine, as if there was no damage anywhere, literally... New to jeeps and only 18 and in highschool, so really don't have time or money but need my vehicle back up and running. THANKS!!!
Old 04-29-2015, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

what jeep dealer did you call? im in Harlingen so not too far from you
Old 04-29-2015, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you crawled under the jeep to look for damaged fuel lines ? wiring ? Crushed evap canister ? Does the engine turn over and not catch ?
Old 04-30-2015, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Litha Jeep, Dodge of Corpus Christi and yes but it's so hard to tell cause it literally looks like no damage has occurred and yes exactly that it turns over but won't catch
Old 04-30-2015, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Oh and I have skid plates? Is that still possible
Old 04-30-2015, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like water got in your engine somehow. I went thru some water on the road in my 2000 Civic Si and had a full CAI so it was low. Sucks water into engine. Would turn over but wouldn't catch. I kept trying too much and it blew a hoke out the bottom block.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

My friend pulled my spark plugs and checked the engine pressure and said it was good but we took off the fuel line and noticed that there was no fuel going into the engine? Idk might've overlooked something ig?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Maybe it's a glitch and free to try.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

I have tried disconnecting the battery and left it off for half a day. I checked the cylinder pressure and it is good.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by liotreyes
I have tried disconnecting the battery and left it off for half a day. I checked the cylinder pressure and it is good.
Do you have a CAI?

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-30-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Quick Reply: So I accidentally went along a ditch and ended up in a muddy field... NEED HELP ASAP