Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top clicking noise passengers side

Old 01-24-2014, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big thanks to smittycm , just got back from a drive and didn't hear a thing from the soft top. Of course now I have to find the noise from my center console that I can hear now without the soft top noise.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Millerca2
A big thanks to smittycm , just got back from a drive and didn't hear a thing from the soft top. Of course now I have to find the noise from my center console that I can hear now without the soft top noise.
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you.

Oh, and that noise from your center console is called your radio. Turn the volume knob down and the noise goes away.

Haha... Just kidding. Can't help you with that one.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet that should be an easy fix! I have a 2014 and have the same noise. I just assumed it was a standard noise for the hinged unlimited top! Can't wait to try it out!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wanted to give an update. Went up and down the freeway tonight and no noise. Best I can figure after looking at it is the spring on the latch wasn't as tight as the drivers side causing it to move.

Quick Reply: Soft top clicking noise passengers side