Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Soft top rattle, I searched

Old 08-08-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top rattle, I searched

Ok guys so mt 2012 JK two door has been back to the dealer three for an annoying loud rattle coming from the A-pillar area on the driver side. The first time I was told the dealer tightened the A-Pillar, and of course this did nothing so off I went to my farther away purchasing dealer. They stated the whole soft top had to come off and realigned, which worked for about a week. I went a few weeks and took it back today for the same time and the dealer has told me it will most likely continue to "squeak" as canvas on canvas will cause that and it is normal. Bear in mind its def a rattle not a squeak. So basically the dealer told me I am stuck with it and my 30k dollar wrangler will just make these noises because its normal. My question is, is it? I have several friends with JK's most 2010-2011's and they dont have this problem. Should I give up and just crank my music or is there some fix the JK forum guys know of. Thanks for the help
-Mark-

Quick Reply: Soft top rattle, I searched