Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

soft top window storage

Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft top window storage

How do you guys safely stow your windows?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some people use the mopar window storage bag. I don't have it personaly, but will be buying it when the hardtop comes off Here's a thread about it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ow+storage+bag
Old 03-27-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cloverleaf bag. works great
Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myklt8
cloverleaf bag. works great
x2 worth the money and really convenient. Also don't cheap out. Get the novus window polish kit. It really keeps the plastic windows clear and scratch free.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

x3 on the Cloverpatch and x2 on the Novus kit. Great stuff!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im a cheap one... If they're off temporarily, I just stack the side windows and loosely roll the rear window....

I then just loosely fold the side windows (Hamburger style) put the rolled rear in the fold and just stick them in the foot wells of the rear (2 Door).

The heavy rolled rear keeps things from flying away.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Cloverleaf Question

Not to hijack, but does the cloverleaf have the ability to hang straight like the Mopar bag? I see that the Mopar bag has a carry handle that can be uses when the windows are not rolled. It seems to benefit me that I can hang them in this bag in my garage if I did not want to roll them and carry them with me and have them lay flat; also for winter storage.

Anyone know if the clover leaf has this capability?
Old 03-28-2008, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

The Cloverleaf is not hangable. It is designed to hold all three windows seprated by felt, then rolled and slid into the nylon "jacket". This works for me.

When I need to hang the windows, I rigged something in my garage so that they all hang and are separated by towels. Works for me too.

I found that windows stacked with no separation between them, especially if left in the sun (oops) will stick together and make a mess that even the Novus products couln't get completely out (don't ask!)
Old 03-28-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I take my windows off/down, I simply throw them in the back. Done and done.

Window storage. Pfft. What is this world of Jeeps coming too?! I somtimes wonder where you guys get all of this extra money to be wasting on crap like window storage bags after buying a 40,000$ vehicle. Oh, and when I wash them, I spray them with window washer stuff and wipe them off. Those micro-scratches cannot be avoided, so why care?

Stop treating your Jeep like a bunch of P#$@!#S.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the cloverleaf bag as well. It was kind of expensive at 75 bucks but unlike some people I like to keep my $30k Jeep in good condition. I know it's a jeep and it'll get it's bumps and scratches, but it can still look nice for awhile.

Quick Reply: soft top window storage