Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

soft top window storage

Old 03-28-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hPOD
When I take my windows off/down, I simply throw them in the back. Done and done.

Window storage. Pfft. What is this world of Jeeps coming too?! I somtimes wonder where you guys get all of this extra money to be wasting on crap like window storage bags after buying a 40,000$ vehicle. Oh, and when I wash them, I spray them with window washer stuff and wipe them off. Those micro-scratches cannot be avoided, so why care?

Stop treating your Jeep like a bunch of P#$@!#S.
If you can afford a 40k vehicle (more like 30k though), then I don't see why you would have a problem buying a below 100$ window storage bag... Also, it is something that helps protect your investment (being the jeep... well it's windows atleast). Just my opinion.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepgreensahara
If you can afford a 40k vehicle (more like 30k though), then I don't see why you would have a problem buying a below 100$ window storage bag... Also, it is something that helps protect your investment (being the jeep... well it's windows atleast). Just my opinion.
Mine was 40k. :/

2007 Rubi with MyGig, dual tops, extended warranty, etc...

And my windows have always been fine doing it just the way I do it. Hard top in winter, soft top in spring/summer...never really had much of an issue with messing up my windows.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default rolling side windows on soft top

How do you roll the side windows? mine have a stiff plastic strip running across the bottom and front.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eric Haynie
How do you roll the side windows? mine have a stiff plastic strip running across the bottom and front.
They roll up fine even though that plastic seems too stiff to. The felt is three (or 4) flaps and the side windows lay with bottom edges butted together and flap layed over and rear window layed on and next felt flap put down. So the side windows roll with the top and bottom rolled and the front and back staying straight. Works like a charm. And at the ends of the nylon sleeve is plastic clips so the 'roll' can lay ontop of the lowered soft top and not take up space in the back. The novus kit removes the scratches from the windows as well as cleans them. So for about a c-note I can keep my $3-400 worth of windows clear, relatively scratch free.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to pick up the cloverleaf bag, but I figured some scratched windows would be an excuse to get the tinted ones.

Does the cloverleaf just fit right in the back when rolled up???
Old 03-29-2008, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I was going to pick up the cloverleaf bag, but I figured some scratched windows would be an excuse to get the tinted ones.

Does the cloverleaf just fit right in the back when rolled up???
If you put it in the back it is a tight fit, but it is really designed to lay ontop of the folded soft top and clamp on either end to stay put. Makes for a tidy look and I like it cause it frees up all the room in the back.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bsack
If you put it in the back it is a tight fit, but it is really designed to lay ontop of the folded soft top and clamp on either end to stay put. Makes for a tidy look and I like it cause it frees up all the room in the back.
Ahhh... I forgot it strapped up to the lowered soft top.

I was curious for the days where the windows come off and the top stays up.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Ahhh... I forgot it strapped up to the lowered soft top.

I was curious for the days where the windows come off and the top stays up.

Don't know about the 2 door, but I can put the roll in the back of my 4 right behind the rear seats and it fits with the endsup a bit higher, resting on the wheel wells. I guess upon reflection that it could be suspended horizontally behind the rear seats with the end clamps and fit perfectly and be up off the floor.

roll is 8" dia and 52" long

Last edited by bsack; 03-29-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: soft top window storage