Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Square Turn = Power Loss and Traction Control Warning

Old 05-17-2018, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happened to me last week as I was leaving work. I pulled out of a parking lot onto a highway and was up to around 40mph when I lost all power and the Jeep veered to the left. I let off the gas and reapplied but could only get up to maybe 10mph. The Jeep limped to the nearest parking lot where I inspected the vehicle for broken parts. Nothing was found a crossed my fingers that it was a fluke. Anytime I would try to leave the parking lot, the Jeep would cut power and couldn't go over 10mph. After searching the internet for a solution, I read that putting it into 4L would kill the traction control. After doing so, it worked and could drive home. I took it directly to the dealer where they looked at it. The next day the dealer said they could not pull a code and could not replicate the issue after driving it all afternoon. I was also told the technician's could not take anything apart without pulling up a code.

After spending the last week looking at multiple forums for this type of issue, I've come to the conclusion that Jeep does not consider this an issue and does not have a permanent fix. This is now a safety and liability issue. I have two kids and will not even entertain the idea of having then in my Jeep after this issue.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Most of the comments I've seen in this forum or other forums is that the dealer thinks they have a solution only to have it happen again the next day, week, or month.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I would say, the most likely cause is that you need a replacement wheel bearing hub or wheel speed sensor. The speed sensor connects to the hub.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default Have had all these issues! Fixed - I think.

Been having the jeep limp or die, turning or bumps. Took it to my Chevy mechanic and they put dielectric grease in the cam sensor connection and said the pigtail needed to be replaced. Haven't had the problem again but only 2 days, cel and traction control were coming on all day before, I'll keep you posted. You can check by clearing codes, turn jeep on and wiggle the wires going to the cam sensor and see if it comes on at a stand still or check with amp reader while wiggling and watch it fluctuate.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

How do I go about disconnecting the Dynamics Sensor and where is it located?

Quick Reply: Square Turn = Power Loss and Traction Control Warning