Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Steering wheel vibration/grinding while in bumpy turns??

Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering wheel vibration/grinding while in bumpy turns??

This has only happened to me a few times in the last couple months, but I have noticed a vibration/grinding feeling in my steering wheel when I hit bumps while turning. It has only happened on highway on/off ramps that are bumpy. Once it happens, the steering wheel feeling doesn't end until I straighten the wheel out. My first guess was the CV or Ball Joints, but I just had them checked two days ago and the shop I brought it to told me they looked fine. However, I don't know how closely they inspected them. I don't get any kind of noise when turning normally and have no indication that any front end components are compromised.

Anybody have and ideas about what could be causing this?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2012 4 dr that did the same thing.. Never found out why... It's traded in now, be interested to know tho

Quick Reply: Steering wheel vibration/grinding while in bumpy turns??